• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What did you purchase this year?

Fish Head

With the opener just 28 days away, what new items did you purchase or plan to purchase this year?

I purchased a new Alumacraft Navigator 185 with a 140 Suzuki 4 stroke.

I plan to purchase a new Musky Rod & Reel and some lures at Thorne Brothers sale tomorrow. I also purchased the new Lakemaster/Lowrance MMC chip.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowrance LMS332

Lowrance Lake Master Pro-MN Edition

A few Custom Made Rods:

8' SCIV Casting

7'3" SCIV Casting

7'3" SCIV Spiral Wrap Trolling

7' SCV Casting

7' SCV Spinning

7' American Matrix Casting

6'6" American Matrix Spinning

6'3" SCIV Spinning

Misc:

Lakewood Monster Tackle box

Set of Off-shore planer boards

Few new lures and hooks, etc

This is a funny topic. My wife is always complaining to me "how come everytime you go to the store you 'need' something" or "whats wrong with the one you have" oh, and I cant forget the "you did just fine before with out it". I just ignore her and pretend she didnt say anything, like she does to me so much.

~Josh

Oh boy, I'm going to look like a spending fool!!

2005 Crestliner 1850 Sportfish w/Yamaha 150HP 4 stroke..... outfitted w/Lowrance LMS 332c in the dash and Lowrance LMS330 near the trolling motor, Minnkota 70 LB thrust w/auto & Co-pilot.

A few new rods and reels.. St.Croix and Shimano set ups.... lures galore!

A 2005 Acura MDX touring edition (loaded w/nav etc..)

A huge Rainbow play system for my 2 year old boy (item delivering Monday)

A 42' Plasma TV

New sectional microfiber couches for the basement.

New bedroom set for my son

You probably meant "fishing" stuff, I just couldn't help but ponder how much jing jang I've dished out this year! Don't even ask about last year. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Short list:

Smokercraft 175 Ultima, used

LMS332C with Navionics North lake maps

3 graphite rods on sale, Gander Mt. closeout

That's enough for me this year, but I'm sure there will be more. When your addicted, the sky's the limit.

No real 'goodies'...most of my purchases are kind of technical in nature. I bought a new winch and strap for my boat trailer (the old winch was not in very good shape)...bought a high-speed transducer and mounting kit so that I can mount my Vexilar FL-8 on my boat...

Other than that, just the requisite new line for all my reels and a few new lures and rigs. Though I did get a new line-counter trolling reel and rod for Christmas...

Fishhead, were practically neighbors... we'll have to hook up soon... take a drive over sometime.. I'm over in the SW corner of Orchard Lake, Grey house on the corner of Juneberry Ct. Stop by anytime....

P.S. I'm a lucky guy I guess. But since I had my second child I've had to give up my Yamaha R6 crotch rocket and a 2002 BMW 540 so as lucky as I may seem, I've also had to give up toys to be able and fit a double stroller into my wives vehicle. yeah, I know it could be worse.... and it was for alot of years. Thats why I can say "I'm lucky"

Good for you Buzz.

I picked up a new 7' spinning rod. Wire harness for trailer. New bearings and caps for trailer. Oh I made a new gas line (that was a pain). Jigs, jigs, and more jigs along with some ringies. Once I return my lease and get another lower payment truck I'll be at Gander Mt spending the money that I'm apparently saving. grin.gif

New St,Croix Avid,G-Loomis IMX,Midwest,and new reels for each.Lots and lots of new jigs,some more crankbaits,approx30 and some smaller items.New GPS-H2O with maps.Also totally remodeled the boat. Time to go catch some fish

You guys like to spend money I guess...

All I got so far is a new cat rod to temporarily replace the one that Blacksportman is borrowing(cant have too many cat rods)... other than that...

I'm on about my 30th scoop of fatheads for the spring, and have managed to feed about half of them to fish.

You guy's shop, I get all the shopping I need at the minnow tanks, and once in a while I'll run to the sporting goods store for an addition to the arscenal.. but I catch more fish on the water than in the store.

Upgrades for me this year include:

* All new plywood, carpet, glue for finishing up my floor

project on a 85' Lund angler.

* New Lowrance, went with the LMS-332c

* Also picked up the Lowrance/Lakemaster MN MMC chip

* $30-40 in new DT series rapalas

* $20 bucks in new jigs

These purchases are NO boat ya know, but I think I've spent enough before the opener grin.gif

Am I supposed to include my ice fishing gear with this list or not?? Most of the big ticket stuff was purchased after the new year. grin.gif

For open water, I've bought a new 8' Ugly Stick Catfish rod with an Okuma Epixor EB-50 Baitfeeder reel. Thats it so far.

Still need to purchase a bunch more sinkers and circle hooks

That'll probably be it for me for the summer until I start gearing up for next years hardwater season.

If my wife see's this I'm dead but here goes.

New used pickup to haul boat better than my Jimmy.

7' Gander ML rod

St. Croix ice rod

Thorne Bros Perch sweetheart ice rod. (this thing is sweet!)Three reels, ambassadeaur, tica and quantum hypercast

Aqua Vu

Lakemaster software.

2 marabou bucktails at Thorne Bros.

Plan on an Eagle fish mark 480 come June for my B'day.

Looking at that I am wondering if there is some sort of support group I should belong to?

mnfishingguy-

A support group you ask??

Have you previously use Thorne Bros. ice rods?? If not, you will be joining the support group I do believe. It only takes one rod but after that, the numbers become staggering.

Hang in there. grin.gif

After doing inventory I got away with a whopping $18 on misc. tackle I was missing or needed!

Things I probably didn't need but got anyway are:

St. Croix Avid 6'3" MXF

St. Croix Premier 6'6" MF

St. Croix Premier 8' Flyrod

Gander Mt. 8' Telescoping Planer Rod

Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier Rod and Reel

4 New Pinnacle Spinning Reels

Vexilar Edge LCD

Vexilar FL-8 Bow Mount

Can I join the support group as well?