• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to get weatherproof grommets?

bkft

Question

I've been running some wires in my aluminum boat this spring. I've cut some holes in various places (not through hull!) big enough to run locator plugs through (1-1.5 inches). I took the Dremel out and smoothed the sharp edges around the inside of the holes, but I would like to get some good weather-proof rubber grommets to protect the wires and keep the compartments they run through safe from rain.

A couple years ago, my friend and I found some great cone-shaped grommets at a local marine store, but that dealership has since closed. I found some regular hoop grommets at the auto parts store and BoatUS, but they won't keep rain out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Thanks guys! I appreciate the responses. Valv, I didn't see any grommets on your web site. What do yours look like? I'll end up needing around 4 or 5.