• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi, I have the next two weekends open to fish. My brother an I have been down the last two years and have had a blast. My questions would be go this weekend? or Next.

Just wondering if the fish have turned on yet? Or wait another week and we should be good..thx

I go to Waubay any time my wife will let me. My buddy was there last weekend and said it was a little slow yet, but he talked to another guy who said they were into non-stop action. Either way, I am going this weekend because my wife said I could. wink.gif

Fished Waubay this past Saturday, what a nice day! 2 guys in the boat, fished 5 hours, landed 31 walleyes, missed quite a few more, all males milkin all over the place, 13" - 15". We caught them all over the place from 2 to 16 foot of water with simple jigs and minnows. Jig color did not seem to matter, caught them on white, green, pink, orange, whatever color. I have had better luck at Waubay in the past, but I am totally not complaining, it was fun. When loading at the boat ramp, there were two guys in a boat who said they never had a bite, that seemed weird to me, put they were not happy about it. If you go, good luck, and report back.

Took the (2) kids to waubay on saturday also. Got there at 2:00 pm and left at 6:00 pm and we caught a total of 67 walleyes between the 3 of us. I should say between the kids because I never got to fish, was to busy taking there fish off and baiting there hooks.

We where straight out from the new houses going up on the north end of the lake. Plain red hook and a minnow.

We had (2) males that where 18 inches or otherwise all other fish where between 13-15 inches.

Kids had a blast!!!!

The bite on Waubay is going great. Lots and lots of small fish though, we probably caught at least 40-50 last Saturday. There are places that are much better than others though. We typically found fish in 6-10 feet, usually near shorelines or in between islands, sometimes they love to hang out around all the trees. Just stop at sportsman's cove in Webster and have Doug show you where to go. There are a lot of other smaller lakes in the area that are producing much bigger fish also, as I found out on Sunday when we tried a smaller lake in the area.