• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Makin' a list

Ralph Wiggum

Guys, Ya know what they say,"The memory is the SECOND thing to go!" grin.gif I've been makin' lists for such a LONG time now that I find myself makin' lists to list all the other lists. Does it get any better than that? confused.gif All I can say is, The momentary lapses of memory are kind of a nice break during an otherwise stress filled day! crazy.gif

I am the list guru at our house, responsible for packing all the camping gear, and before we leave the driveway for our 5 day trips to Voyageurs, my wife goes down the list and makes sure we have everything.

That title/ job was given to me immedialty after a weekend trip we made to a little lake outside of Ely many years ago. We got there just about sundown, hauled our stuff down to the primitive lakeside campsite about a 100 yards from the truck. Lit the lantern and in a soft voice my wife says "Where's the tent??????" Silence from me. Louder, "Where's the tent???" Silence. Pause. "In the closet at home". Silence from her....Feet shuffling back towards the truck muttering many "please contact us regarding this word" words.

We did end up staying the night, sleeping under a tarp and in the reclining lawn chairs, but didnt get a wink of sleep as she kept "hearing sounds". Ends up she really "was" hearing things, as there were fresh moose tracks not far behind our campsite.

I can say, i havn't for gotten the tent since wink.gif