• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are your summer plans?

Well, I think I posted this last year. Just wondering what everyone's summer plans were and if they included a trip north of the border?

Let's here where you are going, when, species targeted, and how long you've been making the trip, etc.

I'll take two camping trips on LOW this year. Also doing a trip to the Angle with a buddy later in the year. We camp in the Miles Bay area each year during July. Hunt for eyes, bass, and sklunges. Always a fun trip. Hopefully the weather will cooperate as well as it did last year. I think we caught the only nice four day window of the summer on our camping outing last year.

The last week of June, we will be going to Lac Seul. It's really a father/son trip. Last year was our first year up there and there were 4 of us. We had so much fun that we're coming back this year with 11 people and 4 boats. It's mainly a walleye trip, but this year we're going to do a little Musky fishing also.

Mid June I might go to the Canadian side of Rainey to do some smallmouth fishing, but that isn't set in stone yet.

July or August I might go to Sabaskong Bay area of Lake of the Woods for a Musky trip, but that trip hasn't been finalized yet either.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy and I have a busy summer planned. Last winter we made a trip up to LOW and both of us instantaly fell in love with the area. So our plans are to fish south of Oak Island the first week in June. Then in July we are planning on heading up to the Rat Portage area on LOW. Hopefully Hemlock will be able to guide us like we talked about at least for a half day. We are really looking forward to the new experiences. wink.gif One more guestion what does HotBiteFishing Pro Staff status mean?

Good to hear there are still some people still coming to Canada. It really is not that hard to get across the border I've heard some funny rumours. Birth certificate and a driver's license and you will be set.

JZ, my title with FM is simply a classification that reflects the amount of time I put in on the water/ice/and this webpage. I encourage you to come up to this area again and maybe we can meet up. Summer is the time we're supposed to be out on the lake enjoying it, but unfortunately, it's my busiest time. Tourist town, you know.

Hemlock, This will be my 15th trip to Lk.St.Joseph. The walleye and pike fishing is fantastic every trip. My son caught the biggest pike 42.5" when he was just 12 years old.No nets are allowed and I've become pretty good at hand landing the big ones. If anyone ever has a chance go to this great trophy lake,you won't be disapointed. The Can. government only allows about 1,000. permits a year for this 90 mile long reservoir. Good Fishing DrJ. P.S. the resort we stay at is called THE OLD POST & VILLAGE. One of only two on the lake.Check out there web site,also Hemlock you would't need a permit.

Hi Hemlock, We have been going up to Ontario almost every spring and some winter trips also, for over 40 years. We only fish for lake trout. There is no other trip that I look forward to more than coming up into the beauty and serenity that your area provides. The deep clear water, the rock shore lines, and the abundent wildlife is great,and I want to keep coming up there as long as health permits.

We are going to Lac Seul and staying at Mahkwa June 3-8. This will be our 19th year there. We fish 'eyes and pike. there will be 6 of us in 2 boats. We really look forward to it. Then later in June I am going to the Canadian side of Rainy with some guys from work.

I fished Lake St. Joseph one year out of The Old Post and Village.

Morson, every other weekend till Nov. 1. Chase eyes, musky, and bottle bass. Spend more time just relaxing than fishing. Been going to Morson all my life and won't even consider going anywhere else.

Hemlock,

Rowan Lake in early May for Lakers. Nestor Falls in late May, Crow for Lakers and LOW for eyes. Morson in July, August and October, mainly for eyes. Like a good friend told me years ago " When you're dead I think you're dead for a long time". Got to enjoy life when the opportunity is there, eh?

A couple trips to your stomping grounds (Gods country commonly called Whitefish Bay), an annual Lac Suel venture and hopefully frequent visits to the border waters where I put the RBCP to good use. Sure hope the weather acts a bit nicer for all of us this year. Sitting in the cabin on the south side of LOW July 4th weekend last year watching the thermometer climb over 32 was awesome but ugly.

Early June trip to Selkirk, MB for some round-bellied cats. Middle of July, heading up with Scoot to the islands of the Morson area of LOTW. As Scoot said earlier, we'll be chasing walleyes, smallies, and muskies; not necessarily in that order.

Maybe a trip back up to Selkirk for the fall walleye run or a trip up to the Angle in the fall to chase skis.

MJ

Nice to see the responses, especially those visiting beautiful Lake of the Woods! grin.gif

I really can't comment on a whole lot of the other lakes, as I'm locked into LOW for life. I know they are all great.

I urge you LOW lovers to check out the letter I posted on the LOW forum in regards to the natives (first nations people) netting in Lake of the Woods and how bad it has become even in the last year. We need to voice our concerns!

Anyway, the ice is burning off fast, and I'm sure you guys/gals with spring trips are counting down the hours, eh?

I'm taking my father and brother to Pakwash Lake the week of May 28-June 4. We will be targeting a little bit of everything (walleye, bass, northern, maybe perch). This will be my first Canadian fishing trip and I can't wait!

We are going to fish the Wabigoon River again. We fish Clay Lake, Bowden and a few other smaller lakes north of Vermillion Bay.

Hemlock...any other suggestions?

PS...Our picture to the left is our last night up on Bowden last year...2 of my boys with me and my best friend in the front...great time.

Our group will be on Minnitaki (below Sioux Lookout) the week starting Saturday, June 11. This is our 20th year going to Pickerel Arm Camp. I appreciate your posts regarding what we need to know and do to make our trip even more enjoyable. Thanks, Hemlock.