• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great deals!

Question

If you folks are traveling I-90 or anywhere else in southwestern Minnesota, take a side trip to Spirit Lake, Iowa. I was there a couple weeks ago and left some $$ in the outlet store across the street from Pure Fishing.

Pure Fishing is the new corp. name for the conglomerate of Berkley, Fenwick, Mitchell, Coleman, Abu Garcia, etc. They have an outlet shop across from their corp hdqtrs and it is filled with super deals -- many are factory seconds, but like brand new. Some reconditioned stuff, but worth it. I have been there four different times and would not miss it if in the area.

4 answers to this question

Good heads-up Clayton.
It is a great place to get good quality stuff at really low prices. They have an entire wall of remanufactured rods, most of them sell for $7-$12. I picked up a $150 rod 2 years ago for $11! All that was wrong was the top 3 inches had been broke off but a new tip had been put on.
They also sell Power worms, grubs, creatures and line in bulk and they have tons of remanufactured reels too.
It's a good thing it is quite a drive for me or I'd be BROKE!!!
>"////=<

[This message has been edited by GullGuide (edited 12-03-2001).]

Among other things, I picked up an Abu 5600C baitcaster for $22. And, they had some of the older Northern Lite ice rods with baitcaster seats for $7. I've looked for these for 2 years.

I like to fish pike thru the ice with short rods and baitcasters rather than the hand-over-hand tip up routine.

If you go to the Berkley web site and look for the FFO Fisherman's Factory Outlet store banner you can see there web site listing the surplus and discontinued stock.

I believe this may have been where you were?

I buy a lot of gear from them and be sure to check on bulk mono line too, man is that ever reasonable!

Like a pound of 10# Berkley XT for $3, is that cheap enough for you? I buy 10 to 15 pounds of line a season from them and it is as good as the Berkley you get in the store if not better.

I would post a link but that wouldn't last too long. "ZAP" "POOF"

wink.gif

Your are quite right Eddy -- That is their HSOforum. I get Whiplash in bulk from them, 'cause it is almost impossible for me to find it locally or elsewhere.