Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
carlcmc

What to do with carp that you bow fish?

I have never bow fished but I bought a setup this winter and plan to do some this year. What do you do with the ones you get? How do you collect them while bowfishing (i.e. a sled you pull or what?). Any input?

Second, anytips for a novice bowfisher? Technique, secrets I should know etc?

Well I have a big rubbermaid container I keep in the back of my truck that I just toss them into... just shoot them and throw them on shore, then when you are done walk back and collect them. Then you need to have a pit dug or some place where u can toss them, or smoke them or whatever... As far as tips go, aim low!!! Try not to shoot Buffalo, and any where that a stream goes through a culvert I would keep an eye on...

Way to go Brian! It's great to hear you're practising "sight and release" with buffalos. I also believe in murdering the carp, but letting the buffalos roam. After all, the buffalos are fighting against the exotic carp too, and buffalo clean the water in duck sloughs as opposed to muddying it up like carp do. You're a true conservationist and a credit to the sport of bowfishing.

That interesting to hear that about buffies. I did not know that before that they will clean the water for ducks. That is a good thing you said this, or I probably would have shot some this may.

Yea i think we have to do as much as possible to better this whole carp mess, even though it isn't much. The problem is that no one knows about buffalo, a lot of guys don't even know they exist. I only got into the sport about 2 years ago, but I think I got it down pretty good when shooting them in a stream. One thing I am going to do this year that I don't have a lot of experience with is shooting from my boat. I am from Faribault and we have a lot of shallow weedy bays that the carp just roam around in, I figure i might be able to extend the season a little longer if I go into the lakes after them. Any of you guys have any tips on this? Thanks in advance- Brian

Get up high. I made a platform that just goes accross from one side of the boat to the other. It makes a world of difference for visibility. Also, if you can mount a trolling motor in the front, you can drive and shoot at the same time. This is a very good way to kill carp.