• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deitz Dittrich - Early Season Bass Tactics Sat. 4/16/05 7 PM

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Early Season Bass Tactics,

tIME: 7pm Saturday 4/16/05

We will talk about early season locations, and what to use to catch them on opener. Deitz will cover what presentations will help put more fish in the boat for you this spring. A family event, for beginners to seasoned weekend angers.

We'd like to see a lot of you there. smile.gif

No need to sign up, just show up and be eager to learn from the energetic and one-of-a-kind Deitz Dittrich! Deitz is a bass geek (I'm sure he's fine with me calling him that grin.gif) and he not only has a lot of tournament experience but he also enjoys teaching others about the finer points of bass fishing. A worth while seminar if you are a bass angler, or if you are just looking at picking up a few more pointers on how to land more bass this year.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Gee guys.. with all this prostaff going.. Your starting to make me a little nervous...

The power point is done!, I'm itchin to get up there.. I hope to have a little something for everybody. In my hopes everybody walks away having learned something.

Bring your questions, I know in the bass forum people are thinking of asking a few deepwater questions.. sure it doesn't relate to spring bass.. but its still bass!.. If I cant answer it, one of the prostaff there should be able to!

I wanted to invite everyone again, tonight Forest Lake Gander MTN... It would be great to fill that seminar room and show the power of FishingMinnesota.Com.

I am really excited to meet some new FishingMinnesota faces, and catch up with some old friends tonight as well.

Lets talk some bass fishing!

For those that weren't able to attend, Dietz put on a GREAT presentation on Early Season Bass techniques. The crowd was small but there was lots of questions/answer time and some real good tips given out!

He even gave out some of his secret tips and baits that he uses early season cool.gif

Dietz- One question--> Why do you tend to target NE corners of lakes when the shallow waters tend to warm up faster? I was meaning to ask you when you had the lake slide up, but didn't.

Thanks Capt and Ralph for the kind words...

To answer your question Capt. Usually, if the fish are in spawn or pre-spawn, if you have found the warmest water in the lake you have found the most active fish... If you found the most active fish, you catch more. The only time this would be different is if the fish in the noerthern part of a lake are done spawning, and the fish in the southern part of the lake have just started.. I really only see this happening if the lake is VERY large!

Deitz-

Once again, nice job buddy!!

It was nice to run into BDR, MJ5, Bechtold, Blimek, Captain B.R.K., Ralph Wiggum, BDR & Corey's kids, and others I'm forgetting.

If you keep flashing photos of large bass like those, I might have to take up bass fishing a little more seriously. Right now, they just get in the way when trying to catch bluegills. grin.gif

I couldn't agree more, excellent seminar Deitz! I picked up a lot of valuable information that I plan on putting to the test this open water season.

Deitz2-390x287.jpg

A lot of options out there for bass anglers, and having an understanding of what to use and when to use it can be the most complicated issue that a bass angler faces. Deitz really made it easy to understand some of the more important concepts and techniques needed to land more Early Season Bass.

Deitz22-390x294.jpg

We learned where to find bass during the early parts of the year, as well as spot-on-the-spot locations. Where will the bass be during different conditions and also what to throw at them when they are there.

Deitz3-390x294.jpg

Deitz also answered a ton of questions and demonstrated several different ways to rig up plastics, tie knots as well as a few different jigging techniques, just to name a few. Deitz even briefly mentioned pike tactics and touched on glow presentations as well smile.gif

An easy to follow, highly productive seminar in my opinion. Good job Deitz!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson