• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

!!Bass Fishing Seminar!! 4-16-05

Deitz Dittrich

There will be a Bass Fishing Seminar Saturday April 16th at the Gander Mountain in Forest Lake.. 7pm.

A few of you asked if I could do a seminar this spring.. and Rick just got off the phone with Gander Mtn and set this up...

Early Season Bass Tactics

I'll cover where to find them, and the presentations to help put a few extra fish in the boat for you this sping. There will be a questions and answer portion afterwards where I can attempt to answer anything you may have on your mind.

Try and make it if you can!

Deitz

Joe Zych... the bass man!! Even during the winter the bass seem to find his line smile.gif...

JoeZbass2-181x248.jpg

Joe,

You will learn a lot from Deitz. Soak it up and make sure to ask him a lot of questions, he's an excellent resource.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

i am sure i will have a few questions. i do alot of bass fishing. thats is mainly what i like to fish for so i am excited to learn diferent stuff. floating worm and spinner bait is geting old need new techniques smirk.gif

Fishkid, I was and am still going to talk about floating woms as they are a stable to catching spring fish. However, maybe you and I fish them differently, and we can then learn from each other.

Other things I am going to talk about is Locations... Jerkbaits both hard and soft, dropshot, spinnerbaits, color selsection and more...

See you there!

i also live real close so i hope to make up there for the seminar. I aint as lucky with bass in the winter as i am with them in the summer grin.gif

like joe said, i use the same techniques each time i go bass fishing and i want to learn some new ones. I would really like to learn how to fish for deep water bass with jigs and such. Hopefully i can learn a thing or two about this technique.

Joe and I fish together quite a bit so hopefully we can teach eachother a few new things too!

Hey guys, this weekend i'm planning on taking in the seminar also. I'll be doing a little plumbing project for my son, who lives in Centerville. Just curious, is there any shorefishing happening over at the Peltier pier, or anywhere else around Centerville???

Joe and I actually walked down the Peltier Lake shoreline but the water is still to cold and i dont think the pannies are movin in yet for the prespawn. I would guess sometime in the next 2-3 weeks the pannies will start showing up on that lake. As for centerville, i dont really know any good shore fishing spots where the action is anything worth the while, i think these 2 lakes are basically one in the same except centerville may be a little warmer because of the southern winds lately.

fishingmike,

Thanks for the update. I think i'll bring some rods anyway. Last year mid-April, same weekend, the pannies were really snapping over on Med lake (French Park), but I think thats a pretty healthy drive from Centerville.

Good luck.

I'm really looking forward to meeetin gall of you. It will be fun putting names with faces.. we have quite a few fishingMinnesota.com prostaff comming as well. Should be a lot of fun!.. I hope that everybody will be able go home with something new to try on your first trip for bass this spring!

Deitz- I'll be showing up as well. I know we talked about this the other day down at Cabela's but I'm still coming.

Backlash- The panfish you previously mentioned are snapping already, readily available to the shorefisherman. I just haven't found any size to brag about yet. grin.gif

I wanted to invite everyone again, tonight Forest Lake Gander MTN... It would be great to fill that seminar room and show the power of FishingMinnesota.Com.

I am really excited to meet some new FishingMinnesota faces, and catch up with some old friends tonight as well.

Lets talk some bass fishing!

Great seminar Dietz.

The topic was Bass but I learned about other species as well thanks to the very inquisitive kid in the front row!

He was coming up with better questions than I could. grin.gif

The future of our sport is looking good.

Dietz,

I've got a question. I remember looking at your rig, but the specifics slipped my mind. What type of hook were you using with your wacky-rigged "senko"? I remember that it was weedless, but do you use a Kahle style or not?

Ralph, it was just a weedless mustad hook. However, I also use gammakatsu, and have used the eagle claw as well.. and the kahle hook. I got a very good deal on the mustads.. thats why I use them, i would think the kahle style hook would work fine. Reason I use a weedless one is so that I dont get stuck on as many docks and chais and such.

ecweedlesssproat.jpg