Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mueske

Skids on fishhouse

5 posts in this topic

Growing up in MN during the 70s I never saw anything but heavy timber like 6", 8" or 10" X 2" but lately I've seen some that are extremely light that have used snowboards or downhill skis. Mounted on a sidewall one just leans the puppy over to move it. We once had a collapsible 10X10' that was mired in a lakeful of slush. We built a framework of 1X6" that gave us enough flotation to stay up on top. Not a great longterm solution but it worked in a pinch. It will be a learning experience to hear how everyone deals with skids. Let us know how you solve the problem.

Kevin

i 2nd the post about downhill skis. You can pick them up pretty cheap at garage sales or Play it again stores. Very durable and usually will ride on top of the snow.

Why dont you just put some skids on (maybe 4"x4"x10') and then put some hyfax's on the bottom of them? Trust me though on the hyfax's it will really make your house pull easier and track better on the snow.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I just bought a 4x8 fishhouse with vinyl siding. Very light. It doesn't have skids however. Does anyone have a cheap and affordable idea on what I should do to keep it light?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.