Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice Shacks

4 posts in this topic

Hey where can I get some plans for an Ice Shack. My Kids want to try ice fishing, and can't quite handle being on the open ice.
Can I use a lean to shelter with out a license for it?

------------------
Common sense isn't common

In MN if you have a hood on your jacket you needa shelter license wink.gif. There was forum out here somewhere that had a link to a site with some plans.

"Dark houses, fish houses, and portable shelters placed on the ice for shelter while fishing must be licensed except that a license is not required on the border waters with Wisconsin, Iowa, and south Dakota."

If it's made to provide shelter, I'd be safe and license it. License is cheaper than a ticket.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I would regulate the drugs just like alcohol, pretty easy actually. Now we would have to draw a line in the sand on what drugs are legal and which to keep illegal, we can't use public opinion for this because that is what got us in trouble in the first place. There have been numerous studies on drugs that at least give us an idea on how dangerous they are, things will get a little confusing because some legal drugs now are the most dangerous but there is no reason to go backwards with those drugs because we have already been there and it didn't work. I can't possibly cover every detail in a post so I am guessing you want to know which drugs to make legal and which should remain banned.

Lethal dose chart, one could make a case for drawing a diagonal line to the right of caffeine.

This chart can be a little deceiving because obviously some drugs that are used more than others but it tells an interesting story none the less.

Another physical harm chart, these may or may not work but again just a guideline on drugs we could consider for legalization.
    • Anyone have one?  Last year they ran them on sale for $200 at the local farm n fleet.  That happens again i might have to gets me one!
    • Before anyone goes out and buys an ION....     Also Dewalt has a 9ah battery now too.   http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-FLEXVOLT-20-Volt-60-Volt-Lithium-Ion-9-0-Ahr-Battery-Pack-DCB609Y/300610594?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-D25T-PowerTools|&gclid=CjwKEAiArbrFBRDL4Oiz97GP2nISJAAmJMFah6JUW7Wlbuw6Pzzf6CZFbYHwv3JOUaeQnfyiJpPemhoCm_Xw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• So should I get a reality show first? Trust me the two parties are going to great job of taking themselves out. I am also unelectable with the current mindset the voters have so don't worry about me.

In other news who needs Russia when the DHS is trying to hack our elections? Sure they might have been just been looking for weaknesses but it does seem a little unsettling that the fed wants to get their hands on the state systems.
      http://www.computerworld.com/article/3173032/cybercrime-hacking/indiana-joins-idaho-in-claiming-dhs-tried-to-hack-their-election-systems.html
    • Please describe in detail why the war on drugs has been successful and why we should continue with the same policies we have had for the past 3 decades or so.    I am really wondering what the timeline is for these policies to start working.
    •   If you use Prohibition as an example, speakeasies turned into bars and nightclubs, and bootleggers turned into pimps and politicians.  So that option for drug dealers is still open.   Of course if prostitution was legalized, about the only thing left would be to get into politics, so I guess some of them might have to turn to more honest professions like drug counseling or working for the FDA....   Drug stores could still operate under the eagle eye of the FDA and federal revenuers, and keep us all safe.   The big question is what would all the Carrie Nations of the world do?                                        
    •   The Republican party was originally formed as an opposition party to the Federalists, so now that the DNC and the RNC are both federalists, there is still room for a true republican party.
    • Is it happening this year?
    •  can't blame a guy for trying!!
  • Our Sponsors