• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

prob with Strkemaster 200 mag

fishgutz

Question

It's a Strikemaster 2000 mag, 2horse tecumseh with the red accelerator cable. We're able to start auger and it idles fine, but when we squeeze the accelerator cable it stays at an idle. Any help would be appreciated..... Good luck and thanks...

3 answers to this question

You most likely has ice or grease on the throttle linkage. Bring it in and let it melt. A spray carb cleaner on the linkage around the carb will clean out any oil or grease thats getting stiff.
It this doesn't take care of it your linkage and or spring to the governor may have come off in which case bring it into an authorized repair shop.

Hey guys thanks alot. It's nice to have these forums for us all to help each other out. I really appreciate your help, genuinely. I will give it a shot and if it don't work out tomorrow, I'll have to take it in. Good luck and good fishin'....