Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Killin Time

portable batteries and chargers

5 posts in this topic

I have the LX3 with the charger. I works like a dream. Plug it in and forget it until you need it. It also gives you remaining charge percentage (unplugged) and tells you where it is at the the charge phase. It should come with the wall brick transformer and plug. Put the LCD on your battery along with the connections and your good to go. I know there have been a post or two worrying about the current draw of the LCD but it is really nothing. Think about the LCD calculator you have that runs a year or longer on a small watch battery.

Good Luck!

My Marcum came with a digital battery monitor and charger. It works great. It tells you the condition of the battery during use and status during charging. I have not seen this available seperatly but would think you could find one.

im in the market for a new battery and charger for the vex, i saw a marcum automatic charger and was wondering if anyone has used it or can recommend something else, thanks

I got a Vexilar charger and battery package at
Fleet Farm last year for around $50 after losing
my original charger down the hole in about 20ft
of water. Now I have an extra battery for lights
or whatever.

I seen that too. The last time I looked at Fleet, it was $46 for the Vexilar original equipment battery with the auto charger.

If you already have a status indicator on the Vexilar package then you do not need another status meter of any type. Full is full, low is time to charge. A pretty simple, effective, and tried and true design.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
backwtr1@msn.com
><,sUMo,>