Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farley

Map pricing for flashers

5 posts in this topic

Do the Marcum/Vexilar's always stay map priced, or is it a seasonal thing. I guess what I really want to know is will they be on sale after christmas??

The chances of seeing Vex or Marcum below map pricing is unlikely. Almost every year they sell out. Many people were disappointed because they waited for a sale price that never happened. Result no locator for the season.

Buy it now / not later.

Just for everyones information MAP pricing does not keep anyone from selling a unit for any price they choose.

MAP stands for minimum advertised price. It only means that dealers are not allowed to advertise a price lower than MAP or they can be cut off as a dealer.

Any dealer can sell a Vexilar or a Marcum for $99.00 if they so choose. They just cannot advertise it for less than MAP.

Telling a dealer that it cannot be sold for less than a certain price is called price fixing and is highly frowned upon by the FTC, as well as states Attorney Generals.

So you are welcome to wheel and deal in the store but do not expect to see them advertised for less. Also be aware that the markup on marine electronics is relatively small compared to most items. grin.gif

One."Tip-off".that.can.occasionally.help.

A.late.season.sale.might.be.underway..if.you.see.ad's.like."See.In-Store.Unadvertised.Specials.on.Electronics"..
these.are.often.opportunities.to.find.unusually.low.prices...late-late.in.the.season.

Although...not.always..it's.all.up.to.the.individual.retailer.

Generally.discontinued.models/items.in.electronics.are.the.only."Bargains".to.be.found.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
backwtr1@msn.com
><,sUMo,>

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Trump got the information from Nunes. Nunes heads the House intel committee, but Nunes also was a member of Trump's transition team. Nunes then fed information to Trump (information that apparently nobody else on the intelligence committee has) about incidental observation of Trump and his transition team (a team that includes Nunes himself). 
    • A better question would be are you right?  Even the articles you link to don't really support your "most likely" assertions so you have to resort to everything is a lie as evidence, like Donald's twitter, and anyone that doesn't believe your alternative facts is an Obama luvin' librul. 
    • What projects have you worked on? Big or small lets see um. Anything, guns, boats, cars, Decoys.    I had fun reworking a few old Harley Golf carts. Didn't have any digital before shots to post. The carts I got were in very bad shape. Had to do a lot of fiberglass body work on them and some mechanical work to get them running. Just used boat seats as I didn't want to throw a bunch of cash at reworking the old seats and one cart had no seats at all when I got it. I took all the big chrome front bumper and bag bars off and glassed over the holes. Everyone had cracks in the front nose cones and rear ends. Not perfect but fun. Top picture is one of the nicer ones I started reworking.
    • Do you have any thoughts about what state you're heading to for this?  CO is draw only but there are lots of decent options available with 0 points. MT had leftover tags which is good because you missed the deadline already. WY has options you could draw. ND has passed. NM passed. UT not a good option with no points I think. ID may have some options but not certain. SD and NE may have some good options but I've never hunted either.   That's some basic info on states. Once you pick a state and get a tag it's really not complicated for the most part. Get elevated, glass up a muley, bed him, sneak in him without being smelled it seen, shoot him!   My son and I just found out we drew ND muley tags this year so we're pumped about that!
    • Just random ones I like. 1) Grand Marais fall. 2) HSO member Laker fishing. 3) Door County Wis.
    •   Yep and the Hawks won again!
    • Choosing 3 "best photos" is tough, but here are 3 of my favorites right now.  Cottonwood vs. Lightning Morel cluster  Pup in the snow
    • Missed the game but I guess I am glad I did. 9 games to go, still time to right the ship but at this pace the blues are going to pass us up.
    • Waiting for the new H'birds I ordered.  Hope it shows soon.  I be using the LCX as long as I have to.  del,  yes it is 10 inch screen
  • Our Sponsors