Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iceman12

Vexilar float

8 posts in this topic

I pulled the Vexy out for the first time last week and was missing that little stop on the cord above the styrafoam. Can you buy those at any local stores?

Try calling Vexilar, I burned my styrofoam float on my heater and they sent me one free of charge.

A ZEN MASTER

Yep call vexilar and they will send it for free.

FYI, I just bought one from L & M Fleet in Bemidji, so they are available for purchase in some stores. May just have to call around to find out who has them if your in a hurry to get one.

I dropped mine down a hole once and ever since I've had a clothespin in my tackle box to use as backup. It's not a permenant solution but works in a pinch. (pun intended).

I lost my float stop down the hole at Devils Lake ND, no spare, so that night I made one.

I grabbed a 50 cent super ball from a gum ball machine. Took a Phelps head screwdriver, heated it up tell it was good and hot and melted a hole through the ball, slit the side of the ball with my knife, and Bada-Bing..Bada-Boom, new float stop.

It was a Funky Psychedelic Tye-dye color, yet it held just great the rest of the season.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
backwtr1@msn.com
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Ed Carlson (edited 12-19-2003).]

Every year I go to the iceshow and the guy at the Vex booth always give me a couple and this year he even gave me a new float.

I just talked to Vexilar and they are going to send me out a couple free of charge. Great service from a great company.