• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help!! 6800 or 1060

Crappie Killer

Question

I've narrowed it down to these two. 6800 is priced 50 bucks more than 1060. I'm wondering if anyone else has compared these two houses. What did you buy and why?

Not interested in the flip-style. Doesn't work for the family. Won't be pulling with an ATV or snowmoblile.

6800 and/or 1060 owners, please reply .
Thanks, Seriously.
CK

8 answers to this question

I love my 1060. Lots of fishable Room in the house. The 10ft floor space is nice. Nice to Have room without the extra weight and does not take long to set up.
I have even used my 1060 for camping for Hunting Season. Works Great.

I baught the 6800 1 month before the 1060 came out, DOHHHHHHH!!!!!!.
I love the 6800 and am happy with it but I would have been more happy with the 1060.
Oh Well.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

When I was doing my comparisons (2 months ago), I spoke to several folks. The 1060 was the obvious choice among those I surveyed.

I decided on the flip over, but if I was going with the other type, the 1060 would be my choice as well.

Good Luck,

------------------
Don "AJ" Peacock
[email protected]

Lapeer, Michigan

If I was trying to use it for camping as well as fishing, I certainly would have gone with the 6800. Openings on either side would create a buggy situation, no?

Doesn't the lack of a lip on the floor allow ice and slush into the house on a 1060?

I fished in a 6800 tonight. I like the house. Its seemed very easy to set up.

Things I was not that cazy about:

1) holes are pretty flat with the ice. Allows LOTS of water in to the house.

2) hole location. Great if 2 people are in it, awkward with 3. If fishing with kids, this might be a nice feature if you spread the kids out and the each have one hole, but for 3 guys, two of them have trouble watching both holes, while one gets to fish side by side.

3) Seemed hard to heat. Its a big house, so you can not really get buy with a Buddy heater when the wind gets up at all or when the sun goes down. Dont like that the fabric is not attached to the frame. We were able to pile snow up tonight, but if you cant do that, I think it would be hard to keep the breeze out.

4) Hard to pull. Should have fold out skis like my Shappel, but maybe I am spoiled.

I don't know anything about the 1060, but out of ten stars, I give the 6800 only 4 stars, and most of that is due to hole location.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day; Teach a man to fish, and he will steal all your best spots!

I purchased a 1060 last year. I would not go to a 6800, main reason it would not it in mt truck. THe best thing about the 1060 is the fact that you can drill two holes right next to each other. One to fish out of and one for the Vexilar. Never ahve to worry about catching the ducer when pulling up all those LOW walleyes.

Brian