Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crappie Killer

Help!! 6800 or 1060

9 posts in this topic

I've narrowed it down to these two. 6800 is priced 50 bucks more than 1060. I'm wondering if anyone else has compared these two houses. What did you buy and why?

Not interested in the flip-style. Doesn't work for the family. Won't be pulling with an ATV or snowmoblile.

6800 and/or 1060 owners, please reply .
Thanks, Seriously.
CK

I love my 1060. Lots of fishable Room in the house. The 10ft floor space is nice. Nice to Have room without the extra weight and does not take long to set up.
I have even used my 1060 for camping for Hunting Season. Works Great.

I guess I would do the 1060. Tons of room and the holes are spread out more.

I baught the 6800 1 month before the 1060 came out, DOHHHHHHH!!!!!!.
I love the 6800 and am happy with it but I would have been more happy with the 1060.
Oh Well.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

When I was doing my comparisons (2 months ago), I spoke to several folks. The 1060 was the obvious choice among those I surveyed.

I decided on the flip over, but if I was going with the other type, the 1060 would be my choice as well.

Good Luck,

------------------
Don "AJ" Peacock
don_peacock@hotmail.com

Lapeer, Michigan

If I was trying to use it for camping as well as fishing, I certainly would have gone with the 6800. Openings on either side would create a buggy situation, no?

Doesn't the lack of a lip on the floor allow ice and slush into the house on a 1060?

I fished in a 6800 tonight. I like the house. Its seemed very easy to set up.

Things I was not that cazy about:

1) holes are pretty flat with the ice. Allows LOTS of water in to the house.

2) hole location. Great if 2 people are in it, awkward with 3. If fishing with kids, this might be a nice feature if you spread the kids out and the each have one hole, but for 3 guys, two of them have trouble watching both holes, while one gets to fish side by side.

3) Seemed hard to heat. Its a big house, so you can not really get buy with a Buddy heater when the wind gets up at all or when the sun goes down. Dont like that the fabric is not attached to the frame. We were able to pile snow up tonight, but if you cant do that, I think it would be hard to keep the breeze out.

4) Hard to pull. Should have fold out skis like my Shappel, but maybe I am spoiled.

I don't know anything about the 1060, but out of ten stars, I give the 6800 only 4 stars, and most of that is due to hole location.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day; Teach a man to fish, and he will steal all your best spots!

I purchased a 1060 last year. I would not go to a 6800, main reason it would not it in mt truck. THe best thing about the 1060 is the fact that you can drill two holes right next to each other. One to fish out of and one for the Vexilar. Never ahve to worry about catching the ducer when pulling up all those LOW walleyes.

Brian

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• You'd think they'd give Stalock a look.  His overall NHL stats are OK and not that bad down in IA either....Kemps has to have a "great" night and have everything in front of him going our way to be good...he's not going to steal games for us like Dubs can IMO...give Stalock a shot in the nets!
    • 1 I'm on board, but not sure how you go about doing that. 2 laughably impossible 3 Sure, but it's not going to make a whole lot of a difference. 4 OK, I assume it would need to be replaced with something else though. 5 is open to a lot of interpretation as to what "make no sense"   None of that really puts the power back to the people though.   Do you still envision a representational government with elected leaders?    
    • The fumbling thing and also the blocking and catching the ball where all things that I thought he should have been able to improve on.  To me the failure to improve in those areas seems to indicate he might lack the right stuff upstairs.  With his physical gifts doing something like blocking shouldn't be that hard.  Its not rocket science, you just need to know your assignment and mostly just be in the right position.  Its almost like he couldn't focus on more than one thing at a time.  If he got the ball he could focus on running but not securing the ball, if he didn't get the ball it seems like he couldn't handle the concept of picking up a rusher if need be and then getting out into his route, maybe it was just too much for him to process at game speed.   Like I said he's probably the best runner most of us have ever seen but the rest of his game was so flawed. The fumbling thing and also the blocking and catching the ball where all things that I thought he should have been able to improve on.  To me the failure to improve in those areas seems to indicate he might lack the right stuff upstairs.  With his physical gifts doing something like blocking shouldn't be that hard.  Its not rocket science, you just need to know your assignment and mostly just be in the right position.  Its almost like he couldn't focus on more than one thing at a time.  If he got the ball he could focus on running but not securing the ball, if he didn't get the ball it seems like he couldn't handle the concept of picking up a rusher if need be and then getting out into his route, maybe it was just too much for him to process at game speed.   Like I said he's probably the best runner most of us have ever seen but the rest of his game was so flawed.
    • And trust me, these things will be much easier to accomplish than some progressive or conservative utopia. That is the real pipe dream.

• Here are few steps, I'm sure you and Del will team up and say they are impossible.

1. Remove the two parties from power.
      2. Keep money out of politics.
      3. Dump the electoral college.
      4. Dump our tax system - not worth our time.
      5. Dump old laws that make no sense.

It might even be fun to elect a government who doesn't need to spy on everyone or bail out billionaires but you get it.

• Bahhh ha ha ha ok there champ. More like you see someone else post up a clever meme and a few days later you claim it as you own, often failing to comprehend its meaning in the first place. Of course you do ok with a few of the easy ones.
    •   I prefer a unicorn utopia, but what can you do?   I take it you got nuthin on how you go about "returning the power to the people"
    • Look at it this way, every time a liberal posts something bad about Trump or the Republicans we are proven right. And every time a conservatives posts bad about Obama or the Democrats we are proven right. Is it really our fault that the entire political system is a hot mess? We are just here to point out the ever growing hypocrisy. I haven't seen anyone say they have all the answers, no one does but no amount of polishing those two turds is going to win anyone over.
  • Our Sponsors