Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
slabs-ia

Any good home made gadgets for ice fishing?

Here is a simple one I have been using for a few years now. A sling for the ice auger. A guy could modify a gun sling or baggage sling or go high tech like I did and just bend out the hooks on a rubber bungie cord and hook one end to the handle of the auger and the other end near the blade. Throw it up over your shoulder and you have a extra free hand. You will be amazed at how far you can carry the auger this way with no discomfort to your shoulder. If you are on a long treck you might just want to sling it across your back.
Give this one a try out in the garage some night and I think you will see right away how simple and practcle this is.

Mike that is a great idea!! I have just the strap from an ole duffle bag for it.
Now all I hope is that I remeber to unhook it before drilling holes! Yes... it could happen to me.My last name shoud have been Murphy. smile.gif

This worked good for me until I recently bought an Eskimo shelter. When I started ice fishing with my two 3 year olds I struggled to carry their chairs, rods, snacks, Thermos, auger, etc. from the truck to the lake. I wondered how to make a lightweight sled until I stumbled on something dark in my garage. I have a cheap plastic toolbox that fits across my pickup bed that I used for only a month before getting a camper. I tied a rope in a loop on one end and all my gear fit in this sled that weighs little. It fits through the door of my camper but could still be used across the bed. I added downhill skis last year for a late trip on a lake whose road was long and often had long stretches of dirt and pulled it with snowmobiles. Held them on with angle strap material, unsure of proper name. I thought of running the rope through two pieces of PVC to make more of a rigid hitch.

Kevin

heres one a made-up when money was tight a few years ago, I took a truck toolbox and made a filp style ice shack. after a few rebuilds it worked great, but if i did it now I'd getthe one that sat in the bottom of the truck and didn't hang off the sides.

I made a holder for my auger to ride on the front of my wheeler using scrap lumber I had in the garage. use a 1x8 and 2x2s. cut one peice of the 1x8 the width of the front rack, attached the 2x2s to both ends and then cut two peice of 1x8 attached them to the ends. looks like a really wide U. V the ends for the auger to rest it. bungee cord the thing down, sits tight with no movement. cost: about 50 cents for the screws.