• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mr Heater Buddy Service

danny berg

Question

I have had my Mr Heater Buddy for 3 years and have never had any problems, now this season the heater runs for about 15 min then shuts off, have to wait for another 15 min to restart. Where can a guy take the heater for servicing in the West Metro.

4 answers to this question

I don't know of a place but the Mr.Heater web site has 800 number for tech help and also an E-mail tech help support. They might be able to tell you what to check and save a buck or so . I would think it would cost 50 dollars just to have a heater shop look at it and you can get a new one for 69 at Gander or North Equipt. Hope the Mr Heater people can help.

I had the same problem, what you need to do it clean the thermocupler that is to the left of the ignitor, if it doesn't stay hot enough the heater shuts down. I just took some sand paper to mine and also carefully bent it a little closer to the pilot flame so it gets in better contact with the pilot flame. That should do it, good luck!

Replace the thermocouple. Cleaning it is only a short term fix. They are cheap enough. Take it out and measure it, most home or hardware stores carry them.