Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danny berg

Mr Heater Buddy Service

5 posts in this topic

I have had my Mr Heater Buddy for 3 years and have never had any problems, now this season the heater runs for about 15 min then shuts off, have to wait for another 15 min to restart. Where can a guy take the heater for servicing in the West Metro.

I don't know of a place but the Mr.Heater web site has 800 number for tech help and also an E-mail tech help support. They might be able to tell you what to check and save a buck or so . I would think it would cost 50 dollars just to have a heater shop look at it and you can get a new one for 69 at Gander or North Equipt. Hope the Mr Heater people can help.

Couple things to try. If your using tinfoil remove it.
Try a new warm propane bottle.
If this doesn't work call the 800 number they may have something else you can try.

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 12-14-2003).]

I had the same problem, what you need to do it clean the thermocupler that is to the left of the ignitor, if it doesn't stay hot enough the heater shuts down. I just took some sand paper to mine and also carefully bent it a little closer to the pilot flame so it gets in better contact with the pilot flame. That should do it, good luck!

Replace the thermocouple. Cleaning it is only a short term fix. They are cheap enough. Take it out and measure it, most home or hardware stores carry them.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Ya gotta die of something sooner or later might as well do it with a full tummy!
    • ouch, I would think all would good now, but one never knows.  life is good today is all i know.
    • 33 pounds. nice looking unit but kinda heavy. nice price out there. 
    • Mostly commenting this "sold a bunch of talk, and you believe that talk and vote against your own interests" but I do love it when people assume I am somehow D or R because I make a comment against their beloved party.

• Holiday Bowl isn't too shabby. I wonder if Tracy Claeys is nervous? Last time the gophers played a Mike Leach led team, it cost their coach his job 
    • I'm not in the market for a new auger since purchasing an Ion, but I see FF has a Redback electric auger in their ad. This auger looks similar to the Ion for significantly less money. Does anyone have experience with this auger? Just wanted to bring it up as a possible alternative to those who might be in the  market for an electric. As a side note, I am very happy with the Ion.
    • MLR, how heavy is your house?   After reading your experience I was getting worried. Earlier this summer I swapped out my handles with bolts and gave them a brief trial with my old cordless Dewalt. It was pretty much maxed out and likely not the ticket. Just purchased the Dewalt kit DCK283D2 that is 40% off at FF in hopes it might work. I figured the impact driver would work but didn't really want to be hammering on the gear set. Tried out the drill after work today on low speed and it raises my house easily. My house weighs approximately 3000#. No more hand cranking for me.   Wanted to get the Milwaukee Fuel but couldn't see spending $275 for one drill. This kit is $167 for drill and driver with 2 batteries and charger.
    • I was talking about the heat from the heat exchanger making the fan hot.  With the fan at the top it blows the hot air out the bottom of the heater to help heat the floor.  
  • Our Sponsors