Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darton37

vexilar problem

3 posts in this topic

My floating transducer cable where it plugs in to the back is messed up. i find my self wiggling it at the fitting to get it to work. How do i take that fitting off and rewire it. it looks like its sealed or maybe i need a special tool. I hesitate cutting it off until i know how to put it back on as they're 60 bucks to replace. any info would be appreciated

First..check..the..pins..in..the..coupler.

See..if..the..pins..are..bent..or..misaligned.
You..can..carefully..open..the..split..pins..with..a..knife..blade..point..to..increase..the..presure..on..the..the..connection..to..the..femail..fitting.

If..the..fitting..between..the..back..and..the..internal..components..is..loose..your..short..may..be..at..a..soder..point..inside..of..the..cover.

If..it..is..indeed..loose..you..will..need..to..remove..the..back..to..see..if..that..is..the..case.

But..if..it..is..under..warrenty..send..it..in..it..will..get..fixed..for..free.

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 12-13-2003).]

You.can.test.if.it.is.the.cablel.by.trying.another.Vexilar.transcducer.and.see.if.it.does.the.same.

If.it.still.shorts.when.wiggled.it.is.likely.the.connections.inside.the.rear.cover.at.the.coupler.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
backwtr1@msn.com
><,sUMo,>