• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plastic Fish House Hole Covers

rmh2o

Question

I was looking at puting some of these and the sleeves in my fish house but I am not sure I want to spend that much on plastic.The covers I saw were 20 a piece and the sleeves were 18 a piece and I need 6.Anyone have any opinions on these or has anyone seen them any cheaper?

14 answers to this question

I dont think you can go wrong with the covers. They are awesome.

As for sleves, just cut off the bottom of a bucket and slide that down the hole to the ice. That gives you a protective ridge in the inside of the house as well so that maybe 75% of the things you drop in the house go down the hole instead of 100%!

Buckets just arent long enough,after I block up my house 4" off the ice it is about 15-16 inches from the ice to the floor and the holes cut in the floor now are square.I looked all over last year for somthing that would work as a sleeve,buckets garbage cans etc. and couldnt find anything that would work.These hole covers and sleeves would work great and look very good,I just wasnt expecting it to cost $250

Place one bucket inside the other (2 buckets per hole). Slide one bucket under the house from the outside and the other is placed in the floor hole from the inside. Can be adjusted to any height.

If the holes are square, then use kitty litter buckets, they are square, and about the same size as a 5 gallon bucket. On our last house, we did this and it worked great. Also, if you don't know anyone that has cats, then buy the buckets and use the kitty litter in the garage the same as you would "floor-dry".
Lookin' for hard water---Dukhntr.

Thanks for the ideas guys,after doing a little looking around I think I will probably use the concrete tubes and change the holes in my house to round openings unless I could find some thin walled PVC at a resonable price but I cant find anyone that carrys it.I looked at the cat litter buckets but they were to short and I would rather stick with a one piece system if possible.

Hope this reply isn't too late for you. A 5 gal. bucket fits. perfect into a square "milk crate" that can be had for almost free if you ask the right milk man or vendor.
Good Luck.

Fishdog

------------------