• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabelas polar cap pac boots

Seabass77

Question

5 answers to this question

Seabass77,

Haven't tried the Cabela boots but I sure recommend the LaCrosse Ice King boots. All I wear ice fishing or sledding are some white cotton socks and my feet are warm all day. They are a little on the heavy side but VERY warm and durable.

[This message has been edited by rmrakt (edited 11-27-2001).]

I second the opinion on Lacrosse boots. Have always had a problem with my feet getting cold. Bought Lacrosse Snow Kings last year (-140 rating). Very comfortable, very warm. Only complaint is that I can't drive with them on. Too big to operate pedals on my manual tranny.

Last year at the Ice Fishing show in St. Paul there were about 3 booths with really cheap clearance boots, but they sold out by mid-day Saturday so get there early.

Jeff King told me he would wear them even if Cabela's was not his sponsor. Jeff is a three time Iditarod winner (finished 3rd last year). I've had several opportunities to talk with him and have learned some good stuff for living in Minnesota during winter.

About Alaska he said, "You don't learn from your mistakes, you die by them."