• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flashers- LED or LCD

watersNfairways

Question

I have read all the posts on the flashers with much interest. I have been using a Zercom LCF-40 for years. I love the functionality of it. It reads fish, structure, and lures great. The problem is the interference and no color, so I started thinking about a new unit. I am fortunate enough to live next door to someone in fishing retail. Last week, I sat on the ice with a LX-3, FL-18, Lowrance x67 Ice-machine, and my old unit. They are all good pieces of equipment. My question is what is the fascination with LED flashers? I personally believe the LCD displays are much better. I have fished with my father-in-law for years. He has an FL-8. The resolution and clarity of LCD displays just seem to offer more than traditional LED displays and a lot quieter. I am currently testing the Lowrance for about a month. I really like it. It has zoom, adjustable zoom, multi-color, and other extras. It also has multiple functions for soft water (I also need a new unit for the boat). Unfortunately, it does not have an interference function. This is the only negative I can find with the x67. I did experience some interference this weekend. It would wig out, but it always would seem to relocate itself. I have heard and read a couple of comments on the x67. LCD freezing: I have never had trouble with my LCD in the cold, and I have heard second hand a couple of times that they have tested the x67 in Canada in extreme cold. Size of the screen: it is small, but it is very easy to see and view. I am fortunate enough to have good eyes though. Many of you are saying Marcum is coming and coming fast Are all those watts on the lake going to screw everything up? To follow that up, my neighbor sold around 20 Vexilars, 8-9 Lowrances, and 2 Marcums this weekend at the St. Paul show. I am not sure what that tells me. I did like the Marcum second to the x67. My second question, anyone else testing the Lowrance and experiencing interference. My third question, should I just wait for Lowrance to fix the interference for next year, take another look at the LED flashers, or start looking into a camera?
This $400 bucks must really be burning a hole in my pocket.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet