• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carharrt Waterproofing

protrapper

Question

6 answers to this question

Go to a Military Surplus Store and buy the stuff that is listed for use on the inside lable on a Field Jacket or other outerware. It works great. I have used the other commercial products and always follow the directions. I always apply several coats over the course of several days and have been very happy with the results. Even use it on my Fish Trap Pro. It helps repel the water but also helps keep the material from drying out too fast.
Maze

The spray-on waterproofers work well, but are not durable. If you're down on your knees in the mud and water, you'll get wet after not too long, no matter how well you use those sprays. Just the nature of the beast. Still, better to spray it on than go without. grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]