Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
NotoriousBLM

Annoying Chevy/GMC Running Lamps

Has anyone come up with a good alternative to the regular bulbs? Replacing them every 4 to 6 months is a pain. Tried just not replacing them, would like to keep them working. Thanks!

NotBLM

I think the only way out is to remove the bulbs on both sides and pretend they were never there. LOL

I'm a chevy fan but theres very few with both sides working.

[This message has been edited by straydog (edited 12-04-2003).]

I work for a auto parts store, I also own 2 Chevy Silverado pickups. Wagner 3157LL will solve the problem they are a heavyer filiment replacement bulb that will last alot longer.

------------------
Wishing I was Fishing

Thanks for you input. When I found out the original lamp was a brake lamp, it didn't make sense. I'll have to pickup some of those new Wagners.

[This message has been edited by NotoriousBLM (edited 12-05-2003).]

Quote--GM knows of this problem and now has a new bulb for it...try it you should have better luck now.
DaveO

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

For those of you who changed your light blubs to amber, would give the apperance of driving with your parking lights on. This is not legal in Minnesota. Thats why they only come on when you are "in gear" or moving. Notorious the bulbs you removed are brake lights or dual filiment bulbs which only one is used.

------------------
Wishing I was Fishing

when you open the hood.. over the head lite asm. there is two little angeled rods.. turn them and pull them out... this will allow the whole head lite asm. to come out...then you can get to the head lamp sockets VERY easy takes about 2 min. to do the whole thing.. Im off to the ice show now have a good one and good luck.
DaveO

There are no legality issues with amber bulbs.

As said above, there are numerous vehicles running amber driving lights from the factory. If that were the case, then cab lights on trucks would be against the law as well!

Minnesota State Statute 169.53 requires parking lights to be used when a vehicle is "Parked or Stopped" on a street or highway during a time when headlights on vehicles are required....My point here is that amber lights give the appearance of a parked vehicle.And yes I have seen Buicks with this as well.I also put in a call to a State Trooper to clarify this.

I'm just curious about the legality of switching the bulbs to the amber color.

I've seen quite a few new Buick cars on the road that all run with orange lights on in the front, just to the sides of the grille.

I can see truck guys tinkering and switching the lights out, myself included. But can every Buick owner on the road have done this too. Seems to me that they are coming this way from Buick so I can't exactly see where it would be illegal.

"Minnesota State Statute 169.53 requires parking lights to be used when a vehicle is "Parked or Stopped" on a street or highway during a time when headlights on vehicles are required"

I agree with the statute in this form. But it just states the required use (at night which is when DRL aren't on anyway) and there is no mention of the prohibited use of amber parking lights.

[This message has been edited by LMITOUT (edited 12-07-2003).]