• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Plug Problem

erikwells

Question

I bought this auger several years ago used. It had a sparkplug in it when I bought it and I have always replaced the plug with what was in it when I bought it. I did this on the assumption that the guy that had it before me used the proper plug. What is the best plug to use for this model? I hate pulling pulling and pulling. Thanks

7 answers to this question

Most ice augers run at a mix ratio of 24:1. This is the case if it is a 3 or 2 hp Tech. motor. 1 bottle of strikemaster/jiffy smokeless oil should mix with 1 gal of gas. You could use either of these types of oil with either model. I like them because they are smokeless but there are others that will work too. Plugs are important it is possible to go through several in a year. I always have a extra on hand in my Croxton gear bag and then I also carry a set of Carb diaprhams for my model. There is nothing worst then getting to the lake and having an auger that won't start. I have everything along to do an overhaul if need. Since I started carring all of these parts I have never need pretty cheap insurance. Up until I started to carry them I had my share of problems.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

Erikwells,
Since your profile says you live in Elk River, just stop in at strikemaster in big lake on highway 10 and they have the spark plug there. I beleive it is a CJ8Y for the 2 HP.
I was up there a few weeks ago and they helped me get the parts needed for my old magnum III

[This message has been edited by danny berg (edited 12-03-2003).]

Sounds like the baby needs some TLC. It's only three years old it should run like a dream. Three years isn't old for an auger but it is old for a spark plug. Change the plug and some new properly mixed gas and you shouldn't be pulling all day long. A little maintenance can save you a lot of money and headaches down the road.

Use the Strikemaster Smokeless Oil. And make sure it is mixed exactly to the correct ratio, I believe it is 29:1 (Not sure though) I have a Strikemaster and it is extremely fussy when it comes to the mixture. If it is off just a little bit I have to pull & pull also.

------------------
Hook Em Good!!!!!!!

S.D. Ice Angler;
NRA, DU, NWTF,
Varmint Hunter
& NAHC Life Member