Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waterbeater

Canvas treatment for portables?

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone treat the canvas of their portable with anything. I'm just trying to make it last as long as possible. I've been weary of treating it with silicone or waterproofing because I want it to take the humidity out of the thing when I'm in it. Any input would be appreciated.

Theres 2 things I can think of,.....1) thaw your shack and let it dry every once in awhile and in the off season remove the shell and store it in a good try place away from rodents and other material eaters. Just for the record, This is why otter shells stand out from others, they have a very durable shell.

If you store it out of the sun and in a dry place it should last. Lysol controls mildew and wouldn't be a bad idea to use. Maybe in a pine scent? smile.gif Any time a house gets frost build up it should be opened up to dry out.

Dont spray it when you have a heater going, maybe let it air dry for a while too..

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 12-01-2003).]

This is the first season I treated my ice armor fabric after 3 years I used spray silicone two coats.