• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canvas treatment for portables?

Waterbeater

Question

Does anyone treat the canvas of their portable with anything. I'm just trying to make it last as long as possible. I've been weary of treating it with silicone or waterproofing because I want it to take the humidity out of the thing when I'm in it. Any input would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Theres 2 things I can think of,.....1) thaw your shack and let it dry every once in awhile and in the off season remove the shell and store it in a good try place away from rodents and other material eaters. Just for the record, This is why otter shells stand out from others, they have a very durable shell.

If you store it out of the sun and in a dry place it should last. Lysol controls mildew and wouldn't be a bad idea to use. Maybe in a pine scent? smile.gif Any time a house gets frost build up it should be opened up to dry out.

Dont spray it when you have a heater going, maybe let it air dry for a while too..

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 12-01-2003).]