• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oxygenator?

leechlake

Question

8 answers to this question

G-man, your back !!!! I had not seen any recent posts. I thought the hard water might bring you back. I beleive there is a group going to Milleacs on Saturday as there is 5" of ice in the southern bays. I may go but not a big fan of early, possibly dangerous ice. Anyway good to see you are back on the board. Hope to see you on the ice in the next few weeks. I picked up a new portable pull over shelter to kick off the season with something different.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Pike1 (edited 11-28-2003).]

Thanks!

I had to take some time off for the last half-season of the open water season. Its a boy! 'Brayden Ryan'. He's 10 weeks now and I am ready to get back out there and the beginning of the hard water season is the perfect opportunity.

I'm not up for Mille Lac's tomorrow but if I get a certain something around the house done for the misses tomorrow, I might be able to make it out on Sunday for awhile. I'm open to ideas ...

G-man, I hope you are enjoying being a Dad. I have a little 4 year old running around and love every minute of it. The local ice report is not good. Garvais is wide open with a little ice on shore, I see that someone is fishing como lake, and I have heard from Mykal that there ice on the back waters of the Coon Rapids dam. I also see in the forecast that there may be some 40's next week which is not good for the ice...It won't be long. I have my new Eskimo quick flip II set up downstairs. The next step is to move it to the back yard and make sure the heater and lantern are working correctly. My 1 year old stike master auger has decided not to start so I am a bit concerned as to what happened. I believe I added stabalizer before I put it away. I am going to change the spark plug tomorrow and hope I can get her to fire up.

G Man, I was curious so I checked it out further. The units seem to be having no problems, just not offerred here anymore. A major catolog company is carrying them. I'm going to try to address the issue of being a value on items that are not advertisers on FM. We all need to realize the economic situation regarding sponsors vs non sponsors, but there has to be a compromise when information is sought.

[Note from Rick: We are happy to have information shared with respect to non-sponsors as long as it's non-promotional in nature. Check out all the vex threads. They are not a sponsor. With respect to the oxygenator:
I didn't want to post this, but leechlake's comments force the issue:

We no longer carry them for good reasons. There were a high number of returns from freshwater users. It actually appeared to kill the minnows. Several of our Pro Staff also encountered the problem.

Their return policy was also punitive.

We will not, in good faith, sell these until their units work as advertised and their return policy is fixed.

Purchase at your own risk.

When you see us disconitnue an item because of manufacturer issues, you can bet there is a manufacturer issue that isn't good.]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-01-2003).]