• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Vermilion

rofish

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm sure they will have one soon enough. They are real labor intensive to create as it requires going to the lake and covering every inch with a boat that is rigged with multiple transducers tied into a computer. I heard it took close to a month to make the Leech map.

Wow, I didn't know Reelbottom could make those detailed maps on lakes as big as Vermilion.

And there are different levels of the reel bottom as far as depth contours...wonder how precise they would get on Vermilion.

Wouldn't a lot of currently unmarked reefs, flats, and hazards be exposed?

With the low water on the Big V they might have to do this for boating safety. Alot of underwater pinnacles are showing up that locals didnt even know about over the years..in other words prop busters!

You can't stop technology, and yes when they are done there will be no secret spots. This happened at leech, some spots that you would have had to find on your own are now there for everyone to see. It really shows the spots on spots.