• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 2005 Detroit Tigers will.............

buzzsaw

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

:fishyguy writes:

Quote:

You give yourself no chance at credibility. You bring out stats that are spun so wildly it is kind of funny.

[/indent]

I was referring to things like the following:

You wrote:

What planet are you from? Have you been watching football the last 5 years?

The Vikings were 11-5 in 2000. Since then they have posted won-loss records of 5-11 in 2001, 6-10 in 2002, 9-7 last year and this year they'll end up 8-8 (yes, you will find a way to lose to Washington, like you lost to Arizona last year!).

My Lions were 9-7 in 2000. Since then they have posted won-loss records of 2-14 in 2001, 3-13 in 2002 under Marty Morningwheg. Enter Steve Mariucci and two successful drafts. The Lions were 5-11 last year and will end up 7-9 this year, with a win over Tennessee, Sunday. Do your math and you tell me who has improved more...wait, I'll do it for you:

The Lions have improved by 350% since 2001!

Have a nice trip...to the bottom of the NFC North!

I responded with:

Backherup,

You are discussing something completely different. Nobody was discussing if the kitties improved, we were pointing out they haven't done jack. Congrats on the 350% improvement.

If you go from 3-13 to 6-10 that is 300% improvement. If you go from 10-6 to 11-5 that is 10% improvement. Does that make the 6-10 more accomplished? I admire your loyalty to your team but only you could try to show that a 17-47 record over 4 years is better than 29-35.

We may take a trip to the bottom of the NFC North but at least it is a trip not what you Lions fans call home.

(Notice no personal attacks of you mental capability by fishyguy)

I will get more examples if you wish. They are all archived for us to review. Do you remember trying to claim the Lions had a better offense because they went up to #27 and the Vikes fell to #4. Therefore, the Lions were better. I can get if for you if your memory fails. By the way, you never did respond when asked to explain your thinking.

Now, since this in the third time you have challenged my education, mental capability and common sense, I will be more than happy to make a wager on post secondary transcripts (actually having one and/or grades given on them), IQ tests, or any other mental challenge you would like. If not, stick to ripping my posts and teams. I am pretty sure in my post that got you all worked up I only asked you to explain your position and did not attack you. I may have given a observation you did not care for but that was it.

Quote:

By the way, I would love to see your name on a CD jacket credits list. Give me a title and I will be happy to go purchase one.

[/indent]

Here's a clue...type in the name "Andy Kotz" (it's in my profile, mental genius) in any browser search engine you like!!!

Fishyguy responds...I can figure out how to search on the internet, with a little help of course, but I would have to care in order to spend the time. I only wanted to see if something you had said deserved some credibility.

Fishyguy, you don't need to defend yourself or statements here.... we all know what we are dealing with in Backherup. I'll say this in the nicest way possible... Backherup loves his team sooo much that it makes him delusional and so closed minded that he can't help but type things that make him look... well, lets just say a sports shrink could help out. grin.gif

Thanks Buzz, but I wasn't so much defending myself as pointing out his blinders that keep him from actually seeing what is going on. We all know that when challenged to defend his statements he usually hides for a few days and then comes back or just ignores it completely. If he actually took me up on the challenge/wager, I would look forward to it.

Quote:

We all know that when challenged to defend his statements he usually hides for a few days and then comes back or just ignores it completely.

Don't flatter yourself...I don't hide from anyone, least the likes of you lifeless souls... I work 70 hour work weeks. I try sleep from 1pm to 5pm and work from 6:30pm to 9am...and I have a family with a 22 month old son. He takes up my most valuable time. I usually try to get on the internet to check e-mails from my mom overseas. If I'm able to, I get on FM, but it certainly isn't a priority of mine as it is with you guys. I stay away for long periods of time, because I find it embarrassing that I actually devote my precious time dinkin' around on this forum...but the reality is(*), I could care less what you actually think and say, for me, it's just fun seeing how agitated and offended you guys get over my responses and how serious you actually take me. However I do get bored with it all.

Do me a favor and ask your wives, girlfriends and mommies to read through these posts and tell me what they think and say...grin.gif

Quote:

If he actually took me up on the challenge/wager, I would look forward to it.

Ooohh...I'm shaking in my boots over this summons to arms!

Refer to the above statement(*).

You guys really need to do something constructive with your lives...spend some time with your family, take a kid fishing for God's sake, do something...I've got to get some sleep now.

hey backerup, just trying to save your credibility for you, but you said you would never come back here again and post unless the tigers got to 2nd place in the division. However you still post, and try to stir the pot with your useless commentary.

Quote:

I stay away for long periods of time, because I find it embarrassing that I actually devote my precious time dinkin' around on this forum...but the reality is(*), I could care less what you actually think and say, for me, .

you could care less, and its so boring but you keep posting

Quote:

it's just fun seeing how agitated and offended you guys get over my responses and how serious you actually take me

maybe you should re-read your posts, you would probably say the same for yourself

well I guess we might be hearing from you again, only if the tigers get to 2nd place right?

Quote:

I work 70 hour work weeks

I'd ask for a raise and work 40 hour weeks, then you could spend more time with US on the forum AND with your son. grin.gifgrin.gif of course not in that order!

Quote:

I don't hide from anyone, least the likes of you lifeless souls

Sounds like something from a professional wrestler, not a route driver for the Star Tribune.

Quote:

You guys really need to do something constructive with your lives...spend some time with your family, take a kid fishing for God's sake, do something...I've got to get some sleep now

Maybe if you worked NORMAL hours you could spend more time with your family, like WE do! It's odd that you are telling us what we should do, when your the one who has NO time for his own family! I think if your family was as big a priority in YOUR life as you portray, you would get a job with normal hours. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Man, if BackHer REALLY has just been posting things to watch the rise he gets out of us, then he is the one who needs to "do something constructive with his life" and if he really believes his own talk, then he needs to "do something constructive with his life" and if he really isn't as delusional as we all believe, then he has done a great job fooling us and he will have to now "do something constructive with his life" - no matter how miserable it may be dealing with long work weeks (as if he's the only one) or young kids (as if he's the only one).

By the way, all three of mine (mommie, wife and girlfriend) THINK we are exchanging posts with an unarmed man and they SAY "why bother arguing with such an obviously close-minded person"?

Gentlemen, please. Let's keep this a civil discussion about our great american pasttime, and about our favorite teams...whether they be the Twins or otherwise. A little smack talk is always a good part of such discussions, but let's not go overboard here. Treat the great game of baseball with respect...don't let it become the catalyst for personal insults.

Quote:

Don't flatter yourself...I don't hide from anyone, least the likes of you lifeless souls...

If you would like me to take the time I can go back and find several examples of you disappearing after a Tigers downslide or just ignoring a question of explanation on one of your posts. It has been stated by many in this forum many times over the last year not just by me this week.

As far as the wager goes, there is no need to shake in your boots, mess your pants or anything else. Just accept or decline and move on.

Your Tigers are 4 back of our Twinks going into today for the wildcard. Sounds promising right? Now, look closely, they have to jump 7 other teams to get the wildcard. Doesn't sound so good anymore does it?

I asked my girlfriend what she thought about our battles and she had two things to say about this. The Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl and judging by your avatar, I was better looking. grin.gif

Quote:

I asked my girlfriend what she thought about our battles and she had two things to say about this. The Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl and judging by your avatar, I was better looking.

That was funny! I keep waiting for my buddy Sledneck to add to this fun.

Gonna agree with you on that one Jarrod. And I think the main thing is that nobody really wants to attack anyone personally-it is just kind of hard for some not to take a swing at one "right down the middle". If sincere, I think the group hug kind of offsets that mistake a little.

And sometimes you have to hit somebody over the head before they wake up and smell the coffee. Plus, trash talk also should at least have SOME credibility and anyone that jumps into the deep end really should know how to swim. You can only throw the lifeline so many times for somebody to grab before you give up and let 'em drown.

There are always gonna be a few people, like my boss, who if they were drowning, I'd politely ask them if they were thirsty and would like a drink of water. For the most part though, I believe in ignoring those kinds of people. But when they keep re-appearing, it is hard to ignore them no matter how big a person you try to be.

Sorry if I rambled on as a "master of the obvious".

Now, can somebody please throw my Cubbies a lifeline - they are drowning and starting to sink out of sight.

Know the name, but I don't think he can do it on his own. More like trying to bail out the boat with a soupladel as shes goin' down. But you know it all starts with babysteps.

As Lee and Ramirez goes, so goes the Cubs. Of course, when they give up 5 HR's and 13 runs like they did at home today, it don't matter how many Lawtons or Lees or Ramirezes they have.

not run out a lazy right field fly ball (dropped) to first base and will get doubled off when they stop jogging to the base 1/2 way down to the bag and put there head down and walk to the dug out. Nice work I-Rod I'm glad my little leaguers weren't watching.