• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Question?

Surface Tension

Question

I am currently looking to buy a trailer. I want to use it for pulling my somobile/fishtrap and for hauling firewood and other misc. things. I will prob buy an ATV with a couple of years too. My sled is 10' long (extended trach with a rack on back, reverse etc). I am not sure if I should look for a snomobile trailer or not. I don't really like the small hotwheel tire that are on the snomobile trailers, but I think that they are nice for the fact that they tilt when loading a sled. Has anyone gone through this same thing?

4 answers to this question

seriously, look at buying one of those road king trailers and just covering it with some 3/4 inch green treat. Then you don't need a ramp to load 4 wheelers and snowmobiles, and it will haul a heck of a lot more then a snowmobile trailer. And if you ever wanted to make a portable later on down the road, you have an excellant base for it. That's what my plan is.

------------------
[email protected]
My Hunting and Fishing page

I am currently looking to buy a trailer. I want to use it for pulling my somobile/fishtrap and for hauling firewood and other misc. things. I will prob buy an ATV with a couple of years too. My sled is 10' long (extended trach with a rack on back, reverse etc). I am not sure if I should look for a snomobile trailer or not. I don't really like the small hotwheel tire that are on the snomobile trailers, but I think that they are nice for the fact that they tilt when loading a sled. Has anyone gone through this same thing?

Big Fish Guy has your answer. I've got to go with him on this without question. The versatility of the Trailers Rick is offering here are second to none. Period.

Treated plywood for the floor with some recessed hooks in a few strategic places, or even say 1/2" HDPE fastened with some decking screws would be tough to beat. Think about the possibilities with removable sides mounted for hauling wood, rocks etc. I can tell you from experience that even the extended tongue length is a bonus for backing the trailer at times. And yes, they really do tow nice to!

At least take a look before you think you've found a deal somewhere-you will be happy you did.-TROY