Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Enids Hubby

Electric Socks

8 posts in this topic

I seen an ad for Thunderbolt brand electric socks and I checked them out a bit on the web. They seem a bit spendy. My question is has anyone tried a pair? I am curious how good they work and how many hours before they need to be re-charged. Might be worth it if the feet stay comfy for a day on the ice.I use Lacrosse Iceman boots now but after awhile the toes get cold . Thanks.

You'd be better off to just use the right sock combo. Those LaCrosse boots are the cat's meow or so I have heard. Try to find some polypropylene socks to wear on your feet. Then, a good pair of wool socks over that. The inner sox wick the moisture away from you feet into the wool and keep your feet dry. That's the key. If you buy electric sox, your feet will sweat even more. And when the batteries go down, your feet will really suffer.....Just my 2 cents.......T

I agree 100% with Tbone. Good wicking socks and a wool or wool blend over them along with a good boot that is waterproof is key. I love my Lacrosse Ice Kings. Never have cold feet. Once a year I Snow Seal them and they are great till next year. They also get more comfortable the more you wear them. Get them a size bigger.

Had electric socks 20 years ago, didn't work to well. If your toes get cold use those heater pack deals for your feet. When its cold I slip one in each boot after I get to my deer stand. Put them on top of your toes as you slide your foot into the boot.

Thanks for the input . I think finding the right combination of socks is a key factor.
I've never heard of polypropylene socks before .I assume gander mountain or cabellas would stock them , I'll check them out.
Thanks

Don't waste your money for electric socks, buy yourself a new rod and reel...

Electric do nothing for your feet. They must sell a bunch every year. Sounds good on paper but that battery can't produce much. The best sock combo is a poly propylene liner. There are some thin ones and some thick. For very cold weather I use a thicker one. On top of that put a Smart wool sock (or a similar type). Make sure you boot dosen't fit too tight . You need room for circulation. Your feet will love you if you do this. A sales rep gave me a pair about years ago and I haven't had cold feet since. Just make sure your boots are not tight. Deer opener where I hunted it was -4 and I wore my rubber bowhunting boots and my feet were plenty warm. Cold feet suck!!

I agree with T-Bone100%.
Instead of buying some electric socks get a couple good pairs of wool socks instead.
For the mickey mouse boots that I wear its pretty much wear wool socks or have cold sweaty feet. Since them mickey mouse boots can get really warm your feet tend to sweat and by wearing wool socks your feet stay NICE'N DRY.

------------------
Fish ON!