• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Magellan SporTrak GPS ?

Waterbeater

Question

I'm looking at GPS's and boy it's confusing.
One of my buddies has a SporTrak Map and really likes it. I've kind of narrowed it down to the SporTrak Map or the SporTrak Pro. The Pro has 4x the memory for maps and is $40 more. Any imput that could help me from buying something I'm going to regret, would greatly be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I had the same dilema last year at this time. I was told by a buddy of mine to buy the sport trak pro. I was glad I did. First of all, by narrowing it down to those two models, you've done well. They are easy to use and pretty fool proof. Second of all, you just never know when you might need the extra memory. . . Good luck!

MJ

I bought a StorTrak Pro this past spring and I love it. It is easy to use both manually and using computer software, and seems to be quite accurate. I have used it for fishing, car trips, and GeoCaching.

Only two things have disappointed me. One was the mail in rebate that I had great difficulty in obtaining and the second is the retaining clip on the screw for the battery comparment broke.

I tipped my canoe over this summer and it got soaked. It floated as advertised and got just a tiny bit of moisture in it but it dryed out and continues to work fine.

Kevin