Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opsirc

lowrance lo k tor

3 posts in this topic

i picked up a green box last year cheap at a sale. the wires were not the best and the second time I used it, must have got them crossed, as it started to smoke. I disconnected it right away, it still spins but not as fast and does not seem to want to lock in on the bottom. the only place I found near duluth to get it fixed is Fish Electronice in Nisswa. Has anyone had any work done there? Or know of anyone in the Duluth area that might be able to look at and fix it for a small fee. Hate to just throw it away, as it has no rust or corroison on it.

thanks

o

Fish Electronics has been fixing sounders since there inception to the general market. You should be in good hands there. Only problem is it might cost more to fix then its worth. Good Luck.

Long time since I worked on 'em, but if memory serves me, if you hook it up backwards, a voltage reg chip smokes. It's a fairly cheap part, and if you tell them what happened, they should be able to zoom in real quick on the solution. Should keep the toatal cost down. I'll see if I can find my old service manuals. I'll post if I do.