• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance lo k tor

opsirc

Question

i picked up a green box last year cheap at a sale. the wires were not the best and the second time I used it, must have got them crossed, as it started to smoke. I disconnected it right away, it still spins but not as fast and does not seem to want to lock in on the bottom. the only place I found near duluth to get it fixed is Fish Electronice in Nisswa. Has anyone had any work done there? Or know of anyone in the Duluth area that might be able to look at and fix it for a small fee. Hate to just throw it away, as it has no rust or corroison on it.

thanks

o

2 answers to this question

Long time since I worked on 'em, but if memory serves me, if you hook it up backwards, a voltage reg chip smokes. It's a fairly cheap part, and if you tell them what happened, they should be able to zoom in real quick on the solution. Should keep the toatal cost down. I'll see if I can find my old service manuals. I'll post if I do.