• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Cover

scalescratcher

Question

Bought a used Crestliner FishHawk1750 this spring. I got a cover in the deal and am looking for some storage tips. The cover has 2 "ports" that look like they are for some kind of mast or support and rubber bungee type straps for tie down. I got no hardware with the cover and need some idea of the support system some use and the tie down method.

5 answers to this question

Unless you have all the O.E. parts that came with the cover, there really is no right or wrong way to tie it down. Whatever works for you and gets the job done. Do the straps have hooks in the end and will they reach the trailer? If not, plain old bungie cords will work. Just make sure to use the ones with the plastic hooks and not the metal. You wouldn't believe how many paint and gelcoat jobs we get here at the shop from metal bungie cord hook damage.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com

Thanks for the help! The PVC idea sounds like a winner. I did check and found no poles with the unit. The cover has rubber cords attached for tie down but no hooks or clips. I'll give the bungee cord idea a look.
As usual this site has given me direction!!!

if you are storing it outside, iv'e found that a poly tarp over the canvas helps save the canvas from sun and water damage over the winter.clothes line rope is cheap and works good for tie down for storage