• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deep cycle batteries

Dr. Bob

Question

What kind of a life exectancy should one have for a deep cycle battery?

It seems like I just got mine and I thought I had taken pretty good care of it, but it is is not holding a charge for nearly as long as I would like it to. I checked the top and it turns out I bought it four years ago. Time flys, but I would hope it would last longer than that.

Does anyone know if I can breath new life into it????

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Thanks Fisky -

How's fishin up there these days? I was going to bring my wife up to Birchdale on Sunday but it is supposed to be COLD. I thought I'd wait a couple of weeks (til the next time we can go) and give it a whirl then - if it's not to bad.

Fishing has been so so to poor from folks I've spoken with. I was out last Wednesday by the airport and we did okay, not alot and nothing big but we managed a few in the 24 inch range, and I kept 4 eaters. Saturdays trip got cut short on account of a very cold 9 year old in the boat, yes indeed the weather went south on Friday nite! The 2 hours or so we fished was slow for us and there were'nt too many nets flying around us at all. Spoke to a friend tonite in the Piggly Wiggly who fished west of Vidas in and around those few deep spots on Saturday and he said it was horse puckey there too. His kid caught a 47 inch Sturgeon so that at least happened. He said it was jam packed with boats there that day and nothing was really being caught. Shaping up to be the worst fall ever in my memory! Cold is forecast for the next 10 days too, this could lead to an excellent bite if the weather moderates a bit after that. Zone 2 rifle season timeframe is about my favorite time for the big girls anyways, that Sunday after opener has been very good to me in years past. This cold snap is making me think a little icey....dicey! I figured you and the Mrs. might have to call off that romantic fishing weekend on account of this weather! I will have to wait it out as well, seems I'm colder in a boat in the fall versus the early spring for some reason??? Thin skinned after summer I spose. We should see some kind of warm weather after this passes, seems we usually do anyways. Let me know if you do decide to shoot on up and I'll let you know what I know you know.

If all goes as hoped I'll be out for some trout fishing instruction from you this year at Burntside as well.

Take care Bob....Fisky

Thanks Buddy,

Boy I sure hope you make it over for the Burtside Bash. Yer welcome to bring a guest or two and share a room with me if you'd like. Again, I'll bring a sled for you if needed.

The wife has me going to the dinner theater and Mall of America this weekend instead of fishing. I guess it's a two way street ey smile.gif. (Won't be bad though - kidless road trip grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif ) At least I'll get to see the new Gander Mountain in Forest Lake and maybe find that trolling rod I'm looking for.

Later - The Doc