Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GCLARK

Honda 90 Hp Props

10 posts in this topic

Just wrecked my OEM Honda 90 aluminum prop. I have heard that maybe a Mercury prop would work,but have no idea of how, what kind and where to order a new prop and would appreciate any help you could offer.Thanks.

Take the prop off and you'll see numbers on the side or end. That is the pitch and diameter. There could also be an OEM number.
What are they

That looks like a Honda part number.. and I think it's a 17 pitch prop. If I remember right a mercury prop will work on these... but no guarantees. Call a dealer.. they'll know for sure.

Good Luck!

marine_man

If the first sett of numbers is a 48 that is a Mercury prop already. And yes it is a 17" pitch prop. I have good luck with Hustler props. The hub and blade housing are 2 seperate pieces. The price is $130 for hub and blade and to replace blades is only $70.

A merc prop will fit but unless you have a few props to test Its a crap shoot. Plus it may take a different thrust washer.

I was also thinking the first 2 numbers my be wrong. So year and HP would help. You can always go to a Honda Dealer and buy a prop but its nice to compare prices.

It's a Honda 90 hp ,1998, on a console steering Alumacraft Trophy 165

Propco.
Pitch & Diameter 13 1/2 x 17.
Part#LM58-17SP.
$105.
aluminum.
Nearest OEM match 48-77344A4.

Thanks,guys,for the input! This site is really great for getting helpful information.