• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat trailer wheel bearings

GOODSIE

Question

How deep do you guys get into the bearings
before storing for the winter? Is it best to
take the whole assembly apart and grease
everything or can you get away with just a
visual of the outer bearing and some grease applied?

4 answers to this question

depending on your set up, some of the hubs are designed that when you put fresh grease in them it pushes out the old. with this style i just put enough grease in to be sure that there is fresh completely through the hub and no water is sitting in the bearings. with the other style i would call your dealer and ask.alot will depend on how much you used it and how comfortable you feel about tearing them apart. most people just make sure they are greased well and not worry about them.

just grease them in the fall that way you get the old grease (with moisture in it) out!! my bearings allway rust if i wait till spring besides that way you are all ready to go come spring. good luck