Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrmillelacs

is there a quality grease gun available?

8 posts in this topic

Over the years i have bought several of these small grease guns that you put a cartridge into to grease the bearings your boat trailer. Same thing happens every time. They work for a couple times and then they quit. They pump a couple squirts and then the piston slides to the top past all the grease and it doesnt work any more. Any one else have this problem? Sounds like a stupid question, but do you peel all the tin foil off the cartridge before you put it in the gun or just perforate it like i did.?

I always pull off all the foil.Problem is...I still have problems with the guns.I don't get grease behind the piston but something jams where you can't pump any grease out of it.Then all of a sudden they start working again.Its a mystery to me too???!!!I have 6 guns and just try to find the one that is working at the time.

Frustrating at times aren't they. smile.gif
I peel all the foil off too. Air lock can be a problem at times.

For the air lock problem try unscrewing it a turn or so then pump it till the air goes out.that should work

------------------
Dan

God gave us the ocean and the land, and the Devil gave us...the outboard and the grease gun... grin.gifgrin.gif

Don't know what to say, mine just works smile.gif

Musta bought a good one by accident. I usually get the dump that is way more of a pain in the A$$ than it is worth grin.gif

Lincoln grease guns are good. They are Blue in color and they have several models. This is pretty much the most popular grease gun for heavy equipment contractors. Also grease John Deere Grease guns are pretty good availible at any John Deere Implement Dealership. But for the most part grease guns are ment to get you dirty there is really no way to avoid it.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes