Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cyberfish

Do I need bearing buddys?

Yes they will keep water out. Bearing are packed already I'd imagine. You really don't want to mix grease but its better then not having enough. Fill the hub with waterproof wheelbearing grease after you slide it in. For piece of mind at least pull the dust cap off and check for water once a year and a complete clean and repack every 2 years. Good Luck.

pj4    0

many yaers ago, i had a boat trailer with dust caps. every year i replaced at least 1 or all bearings due to pits, also new seals each year. got buddy bearings, been 15 years and i replaced my first bearing this year. was told the problem is, after long trips the hubs are warm. when u back into water , it cools fast and the internal pressue drops and sucks water in. the buddy bearing keeps constant pressure so this wont happen. i say YES to buddy bearings. paid for themselves. keep one grease gun filled with waterproof grease for trailers, snowmobiels,boat motor,4 wheelers, ect.

When I used to work for a marine dealer I was responsible for evaluating trade in boats, motors & trailers. At least 80% of all the trailers that came in for trade that had dust caps on needed to have the bearings replaced. Very rarely did the bearings on a trailer that had bearing buddies on need to be replaced.

Like Surface Tension said... if you take good care of your bearings you can get by without bearing buddies pretty easily... but in my opinion it's nice to have the piece of mind...

Good luck, whatever you decide!

marine_man

Warm is a relative term. If the bearings are very warm or hot to the touch they need to be pulled apart and gone thru. However even if the bearings warm up 10 deg. when the temp is 80 and are backed into 65 deg. water they can have a tendency to pull in water as they cool. grin.gif