• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer repair not going too good

Cyberfish

Question

Got what was left of the hub off, and the spindle was just shot, about a quarter of the bottom was just shaved off. Unfortunatly it is welded onto the axle, so i cannot just go buy a new spindle and bolt it on. Tried putting the "good" hub on the bad side to see if it would still work, it wouldnt even fit on it anymore, gave up and tried to pull it back off, and guess what stuck to the bad spindle, yup, the "good" back bearing, though it is not so good, looked all rusty and the grease was nasty dirty brown, guess that one was about to kick the bucket too. Uggghh IF I ever get this thing on the road again I will be careful not to ignore bearing maintanece again...

------------------
><}}}("< ---><!>

5 answers to this question

I had a similar experience last year. I had a spindle break and had to replace the axle. Mine was an odd size, and was not available at FF, or Northern. If you are in the same situation, I would highly recommend Pioneer Rim and Wheel in Minneapolis. I got a new custom made axle with hubs, bearing, seals, etc... for just a little over $100. Good Luck!

I removed my axel today and am going to find a spindle hopefully and have it put on! I cannot believe I didn't think of removing the axel! I was trying to figure out how I was going to get my whole trailer somewhere to get a new spindle put on! I don't know about me sometimes! blush.gif
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I would be a beached carp without your help, but now it is looking like I might get out on the water again soon! grin.gif

------------------
><}}}("< ---><!>