Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chasingame

Eskimo Ice Auger - HELP

4 posts in this topic

This last winter when I was out fishing (in the dead cold) I drilled a hole half way through the ice to hold the Auger. Well the 30 mph winds decided to tip my auger over and it busted the aluminum piece on the motor that the throttle cable ties onto. Can someone direct me to a place that will either, fix this for me, or where I can get the parts. It is a pretty old auger and I have never seen any around here. I live in the Alexandria area...
Thanks Guys,

Never stand your Auger in a 1/2 drilled hole. The weight leaning on it bends the Auger. Just a little is all it takes to mess up cutting angles.

Is the piece that broke off part of the cast aluminum? If so replacement would be tuff. Clean the area good with a degreaser and use J-B weld.

Thanks for your help guys. I got ahold of Ardisam and I should have the part in a week or so. I will NEVER try and take the easy way out and drill half way through the ice. I knew it was dumb, so why did I do it? Oh yeah. The crappies were really biting!

Thanks again,