• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish finder

Norco

Question

I am getting a new finder for next summer as there are some sweet deals on units but do not know what to get. Im leaning to the Eagle Fish mark 320 or the Lowrance X97. Which unit is better as they seem identical except the eagle is a few hundred dollars cheaper? Also Im kinda interestted in the Humminbird Matrix 45 seems like a good unit with options of the pressure system reader but am not sure. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

THe Lowrance x-97 is a better unit but then again more $. It has more power and therefore better bottom seperation especially in deeper water. If you fish Walleye or other bottom hugging fish go with the 97. If your just a weekend Warrior go with the 320 and save some $.

The FishMark 320 works great. The lowrance will have a clearer screen. (blueish) as oppose to the FishMark which is greyish. 320 vert and horiz pixels is very detailed. And is enuff technology for the best of anglers. There is also some previous posts from me and others about the Fishmark 320. I think it was in June when i asked under the equipmentexpert info section.