Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

SEa Foam and Stabil?

4 posts in this topic

I put some stabil in my tank a week ago and ran 1/2 the tank. Can I now fill the tank and ad some Seafoam or should I wait until I run out most of the Stabil treated gas? How is the Seafoam fogger? I bought some for when I store the boat and figured it was good stuff. Just shoot in the plug hole correct? 25 horse Yamaha oil injected. Thanks Guys!

I would fill the tank and treat with Stabil since thats whats in the tank now. Next spring when you need a fill use Sea-Foam. Sea-Foam is a fuel stabilizer but its a better engine decarb.

Yes you can use a fogging oil through the plugs. This will protect the cylinder walls.

When you put the fogging oil in, if possible have someone pull or crank the motor over a couple of times while you spray. This will ensure even and thorough distribution of the fogger.

------------------
Steve @ www.bakkensboatshop.com

If your outboard is a 2 cycle spray the fogging oil through the carbs. This will lube the crank and bearings. That's the design of the product. Have the motor at operating temp, and at fast idle and spray a good amount and slow down the idle so the motor stalls out. Between stabil in gas and fogging is the best way to put your outboard to sleep for the winter.