• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Generators

SPIN DRY

Question

Dave have seen in past posts that you have a Coleman 1850 generator, Here is my question, I have been looking at buy one of these and would like to know if you think this will power my pick-up camper-lites,furnace and most of all coffee maker? Thanks for any help.Good luck

11 answers to this question

SPIN DRY anything with a heating element like a coffee pot or toaster takes a lot of juice about 1000-1500 as far as lights a 100 watt bulb = 100 watts of power and if you are running a blower motor they take more at start up than running.If you do a search for generators you can find some good info on wattage requirements.I think you would be ok with the 1850.Depending on how much you plan on using it and how much you want to spend I would suggest you also take a look at the honda 2000 although they cost twice as much they are a lot better generator.

I own a Honda 1000 watt, great unit. Everyone is always amazed a how quiet it is. These Hondas also have a switch so if you don't require a full load, it will idle down to your required level, really a big saver on gas and volume too! Once you turn something on and it requires more juice the unit idles right up to meet the demand.

Serious do yourself a favor and buy a generator for life, you'll never need to replace this units.

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 10-01-2003).]

I did basically the same thing, but I printed off the internet flyer and brought it into Northern Tool and they price matched it plus 10% of the difference.

So figure as mentioned before, figure out what you want and then shop the internet.

I was standing next to a running Honda in the dark once and I didn't realize what it was. I had to ask what that very, very faint "hummmm" was. I've never heard an engine run so quiet in my life!

Buy the Honda!