Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishing addict

FL 18 bow mount question

4 posts in this topic

I purchase the kit to mount the tranducer to my bow mount Minkota AP trolling motor. the shaft of the trolling motor slides up during transport so I can not attach the cable coming up from the transducer to it. what do you guys do to keep the cable out of the way and avoid getting coiled in the trolling prop.

I used a plastic wire tie at the top under the motor head and at the bottom just above the motor. I left enough slack for the xducer wire to go around the pivot bracket.

Then I ran the xducer wire inside the coil cord, under the bow deck, and back up again to the vex.

If you want, I'd be happy to show you if you can swing by (I'm in Ramsey)...difficult to explain without a picture!!

TL

I have the same unit/combo. It's tough to explain, but I put the transducer cable through the end of the handle to freely slide when putting or pulling the motor in the water. This "handle" is on the pivot where the shaft tilts.

Then once the I set the motor shaft length I then take the cable and just lightly pinch it into the Vexilar's screws that hold it to the base. That keeps the cable from slacking out and hitting the prop. It's worked great for a couple years.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The older Toyota trucks with the 4 banger and the stick were good for off-road, too, but they were even worse than Jeeps in the rust department...    
    •   They're a little different because they had a boxed frame, which tended to collect mud and hold moisture, so it's tough to find an older one with a solid frame.  The frame usually rotted out ahead of the rear wheels.   http://www.carproblemzoo.com/jeep/wrangler/frame-rust-problems.php
    • Mostly body rust. Rocker panels, fenders and the rear corners. Not really any different than any pickup truck.
    • I am out in MN this morning.  Flock gobbling in the valley below me.  Going to start with my bow this time.  Have a few days to hunt.  Oh and Sutty is with me.  Set up across the field with one of his daughters.  Trying to talk him into picking up a youth tag for her.
    • Time to try again.  Not a sound yet. Next day and a half is about turkeys!
    •   They're definitely a nice rig for the backroads, and they hold their value very well if they're kept in decent shape.  The biggest issue with the older Jeeps, including CJs, is they are serious rusters - including frame rust.   Not sure if they ever resolved the rust issues or not with the newer models.  A buddy of mine has a Wrangler Unlimited, and he really likes it.  I think he has a little too much invested in it to use it for an off-road rig, though, so it probably qualifies more in the "fulfilling childhood dreams" category than a true bush buggy....              
    • Was doing some work in the woods today and found these. Of course I stopped and spent two hours looking for more, but this was it. Oh well, will probably be the earliest I've ever gotten to eat them.  
    •   I would definitely get the one with the Pheasant plowing attachment! Beats walking the fields!
    • Never getting rid of my Suburban. Just looking for a new toy for hunting etc. that I can drive down narrow dirt roads up north. Another reason why I would rather buy a slightly used one so I can use it without worrying about putting a few scratches on it. Those side by sides look like fun but you have to haul them around and cant drive them everywhere. And they just aren't built to take what a Jeep can. Always kind of liked the looks of Jeeps and being able to remove the top in the summer is nice to. Would definitely want a hard top to as the soft tops aren't to good for MN winters. I'm sure the newer ones have better heaters than the older ones as I remember back in the day guys were dressed like they were snowmobiling while driving their Jeep. And scraping frost off of the window to see.
  • Our Sponsors