• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL 18 bow mount question

fishing addict

Question

I purchase the kit to mount the tranducer to my bow mount Minkota AP trolling motor. the shaft of the trolling motor slides up during transport so I can not attach the cable coming up from the transducer to it. what do you guys do to keep the cable out of the way and avoid getting coiled in the trolling prop.

3 answers to this question

I used a plastic wire tie at the top under the motor head and at the bottom just above the motor. I left enough slack for the xducer wire to go around the pivot bracket.

Then I ran the xducer wire inside the coil cord, under the bow deck, and back up again to the vex.

If you want, I'd be happy to show you if you can swing by (I'm in Ramsey)...difficult to explain without a picture!!

TL

I have the same unit/combo. It's tough to explain, but I put the transducer cable through the end of the handle to freely slide when putting or pulling the motor in the water. This "handle" is on the pivot where the shaft tilts.

Then once the I set the motor shaft length I then take the cable and just lightly pinch it into the Vexilar's screws that hold it to the base. That keeps the cable from slacking out and hitting the prop. It's worked great for a couple years.