• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parts for a camper fridge

Question

I have an '86 pickup camper and I need a new jet for the propane fridge. "Domestic" is the manufacturer and I can't find any contact info for the company.

Does anyone know who might have parts for this?

8 answers to this question

Domestic is a common brand for RVs. Like with the stoves in RVs and campers, the manufacturers rarely will send parts to an individual but you can try. I'd stop by your local RV dealer first. Also, do a yahoo search for "domestic refridgerator" and you'll find lots of dealers.

Yep, you got it Sand Burr! While camping the jet got plugged and after I cleaned out the jet worked again....too much. I didn't realize those things are so sensitive! Now flames boar out and could start a nasty fire! shocked.gif

After some more searching it appears I have to replace the whole burner assembly. I can't buy this small part. I guess that's ok, it's not the end of the world.

If anyone has a place that might have parts, please forward it to me, otherwise I'll just buy a new unit. Sand Burr, do you know the name of the place?

Thanks much!

A friend of mine did the same thing a few years back.
How much was the new burner assy?
There are many dometics out there that the cooling units are bad. I have one in the garage. May be if you posted on the items wanted board you could get lucky and find one. I dont know how similiar they are from model to model.
I will look for the number tonight. There was another guy in the Dalbo area that was working on them also. I will look for his number too.

------------------
www.bucketrack.com
Hey nice Rack

It is Dometic. Thanks Derek. I found it on the web, after my initial search of "Domestic". I found what a whole new assembly in CA on the web, but not the (jet) part I need more locally.

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 09-25-2003).]