Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappace

Deep Cycle Batteries

2 posts in this topic

I just bought a 14X6.5 fish house with a v front and need to purchase batteries for it. Any advice? I know i need one for the lights and one for the heater but dont have much experience with deep cycles. thanks.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-15-2003).]

Crappace: I have a 7x16 fish house and have two Deepcycle batteries hooked in parallel, thats tie the two plus's together and the two negitive's together. This give you 12vdc for the lights and the TV, plus what ever else you want to run, marine radio, etc. The heater on mine doesn't need any power as the unit developes a low current to run the thermostat. I also ran a line to the hitch area with an connecrtor, so I can plug the circut into my 12vdc lighter plug at the rear of my Denali, to charge the batteries while I'm driving to where ever I'm going to fish. The two batteries last about two days before the need a recharge. For that I have a 1000 watt Honda generator with a battery charger that is in the 50 amp mode, for the quick charge when needed. I also use that generator to power my microwave, heats soup or whatever, when your on the ice.... Hope this helps...Kaz

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-15-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-15-2003).]