Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Refillable propane tanks and accesory hoses

4 posts in this topic

How are you guys rigging your refillable tanks with accesory hoses, to feed two appliances? I want to run a buddy heater and a lantern off a five pound refillable tank. I would prefer to have the tank outside my portable to save space.

I think your only option is those trees, but your tank needs to be where the lantern is then, unless you got a hose for each t?? I figger the lantern is a pain with the mantels and glass breaking all the time so I have been bringing a small battery and a 12v lite bulb on a pigtail w/clamp on it I can put it where ever i want and get plenty time after dark with the bat
another option would be to have a heating person make you some sort of T you could attach to your tank?? good luck...

I think minneman is right. A tree sits on top of the tank and your lantern sits on that. Not sure how you would attach a plain hose to a lantern and make it useable.

Paul

Thanks for the replies,
I guess I had been thinking I would just hang the lantern, But I have reminded myself that I use the lantern outside the house for chasing tip-ups, etc. So I have decided to go with just a single hose to the heater, and continue using the one pounders for the lantern. They can be a pain, and require lots of care, I may have to try the 12V light this year.

[This message has been edited by coldone (edited 11-11-2001).]