• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinnKota AP 65

Iceseeker

Question

All right I have the blessing and a new boat is in the process. I will be purchasing a Fish Hawk 1750 with a 115 Optimax on. The trolling motor will be the MinnKota AP 65. What info can you share about this trolling motor?

Thank you for the input
Thumper

2 answers to this question

I have had mine for 2 years. I have and extra bracket and throw it on the pontoon boat. It is sweet. Really treat yourself and get the co-pilot. The co-pilot makes the motor. Speed control is much better with the co-pilot.

I've got the 24 volt AP with built in transducer. The autopilot is a nice feature in concept but I don't like the new system they went to. I'm on my 5th compass board in just over a year. No kidding. What a pain.

It has actually worked only 2 days of fishing now in the entire 14 months I have owned it. Wentworth is doing the fixing under warranty and says that minnkota is trying to fix the problem but I think they need to just start over again with a whole new design.

Usually I love Minnkota products. My vantage is great.
ccarlson