• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury Tilt Lock

Indiana Mike

Question

My 2004 Mercury 15hp 2-stroke will not lock in the raised position after only two weeks of use. I inspected the black plastic chock used to hold the motor up and discovered a rounded grove near the edge.

The motor is only raised when docked and never to trailer or transport.

I previously owned a used '00 Merc that experienced the same problem. I replaced the chock only to have the rounded groove reappear after limited use.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution or a better constructed after-market part that might be used?

Thanks for your response.

Indiana Mike

1 answer to this question

I have an early '90's Mercury 15 2 stroke, and have never experienced any problems with the trim settings or the tilt lock. I trailer with it in the down position and in reverse so it can't bounce....The design has probably changed since then. Good luck.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"